Booster for center of Odyssey with Latch?

lgenne

Side note: the harness seat passenger side. Is the tether routed over the top of the headrest? It should go under the headrest.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, the Olli looks like it has a really short seat pan -- does it give kids enough thigh support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the child. My older never minded, and thought it was the most comfortable booster ever. When it came time to five step, she gave it a moment's thought to NOT give up her Clek booster.

Others really prefer a deeper booster.

Wendy

Caroline162

Oh neat! I have a bunch of Olli seats so it's good to know. I swore I read they were too wide. I think it was a review from 2011 of the van. Ours is 2011. But if it really does fit, that's awesome. It's my favorite backless booster, too! The latch makes it so sturdy and secured.
We do like our Harmony seats but again, ours don't latch.

It only fits in Wide Mode in the center. Fits fine on the outbound seats. I love it too. The only thing right now is that for some reason my son has a really hard time buckling himself now. I think it's a combination of being a little higher in the Olli and the way the buckle falls between the seats in wide mode. We have to help him, but I'm hoping he gets the hang of it soon!

Caroline162

Wow, the Olli looks like it has a really short seat pan -- does it give kids enough thigh support?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you tell? He seems comfortable in it, and the way that it's angled he is MUCH more secure in it than in the Harmony or any other booster he's ever been in. He sits really nicely with his back against the seat. But my kids have super short legs, so that may be an issue for other kids?

Also, I think the Odyssey second row center seat is freakishly long and narrow, so it might just look more like that.

Caroline162

Side note: the harness seat passenger side. Is the tether routed over the top of the headrest? It should go under the headrest.

As soon as I posted that picture I thought someone is going to say something about that tether! :p

I had been moving all the seats around trying to make this work and had not yet tethered it, so it's just slung over the top. I wasn't up for crawling back into the third row and fixing it that night, but I did the next morning before we drove it anywhere!

Caroline162

Did you test belt fit for the Olli in the center to check shoulder belt fit? The ceiling mounted center shoulder belt in that spot can be tricky for some backless booster riders. Generally, moving the center seat forward can help a bit but I noticed you said you had the center seat moved back.

Fits him like a dream! Again, better than the harmony, I'm assuming because the Olli is higher and also because he stays in position without slouching really nicely in the Olli.

lgenne

As soon as I posted that picture I thought someone is going to say something about that tether! :p

I had been moving all the seats around trying to make this work and had not yet tethered it, so it's just slung over the top. I wasn't up for crawling back into the third row and fixing it that night, but I did the next morning before we drove it anywhere!

Oh good. [emoji28]

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC