talk to me about mini vans....

corrielainedd

I love my Ford Expedition (05), but alas, it has been crapping out on us.
Im really a "truck" kinda gal, I don't really want a van... But...

If we were to start shopping, here is what Id want:
Middle row captains chairs.
Back row, at least 2 ffing tether anchors.
Back row fit 3 across (radians ok)
Storage/cargo space.
Older, like no newer than 2010 (cant afford newer!).
Reliable.

ADS

Brianna

I'm not sure exactly how it meshes with your wish list, but 2006-2010 Siennas and 2006+ Kia Sedonas are often recommended, along with 2011+ Odysseys- based on overall tether setup and car seat friendliness. Avoid the Grand Caravan/Town and Country. Their 3rd row seats do not play nicely with boosters, and I don't think they play well with Radians either.

Feel free to share the seats you currently own along with info for each kiddo if you want help with where to put who if you're having a hard time :)

jaemom

I'm not sure exactly how it meshes with your wish list, but 2006-2010 Siennas and 2006+ Kia Sedonas are often recommended, along with 2011+ Odysseys- based on overall tether setup and car seat friendliness. Avoid the Grand Caravan/Town and Country. Their 3rd row seats do not play nicely with boosters, and I don't think they play well with Radians either. Feel free to share the seats you currently own along with info for each kiddo if you want help with where to put who if you're having a hard time :)

Yes RUN from the Dodge/Chrysler if you have more than 1 or 2 kids!

jjordan

My 2008 Kia Sedona (not the short wheel base as I think the 3rd row in that trim is different) has everything on your wish list. We have had 3 across the back row for a while now. Top tethers center and passenger's side back there. It's a 60/40 split and the trick to 3 across is getting two seats that fit in the "60" part (driver/center). Then you can fit lots of different seats in the "40" part (passenger's side). Right now we have RF Radian driver's side, FF Radian center, and Recaro Performance Booster (which is quite wide) passenger's side. We've also had small boosters - Incognito and BubbleBum - in place of the RF Radian on driver's side.

Another vote for avoiding Dodge/Chrysler. 3 across the back row is super challenging!

HTH!

Baylor

I had and still have a dodge 2001 Caravan and Loved it for the kids. It was so awesome to have all that space and the seats installed great in there. IT had LATCH at all positions so that made it easy..
I don't know much about Minivans now as my dh has taken ours for a work car when I got my Edge but I will say with kids, Minivans are the bomb!
Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC