Cosco Scenera Next comfort?

melissa621

Do older kids find these comfortable?

I just ordered the DLX for an upcoming trip for my almost 3 year old. We did had an original Scenera and he found it really uncomfortable. I ordered the DLX solid color version because I've heard its a bit softer than the print ones they sell in store. Slightly worried, since part of our trip will include a 5 hr car ride.

ADS

lgenne

What was uncomfortable about the Scenera?

My main concern about the Scenera NEXT for long drives is the lack of harness pads.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My daughter has only used hers for a couple rides. When she first got in the seat and I strapped her in, she complained that it was too tight. I pretended to do something with the straps and asked if it was better and she said yes. (This is a common occurrence with her in lots of seats right now.) She then said she wanted to be more "up" and so I pushed on the foot area of the seat to make the seat a little more upright (thanks, Dorel, for allowing flexibility with the recline!)

She didn't have anything more to say about the seat. I will say, though, that despite it being a time of day when I would have expected her to fall asleep in the car, she did not. Whether this means she wasn't as comfortable I can't tell, but it could be. It was also bitterly cold, so she had a collared fleece that was blocking the straps from rubbing on her neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melissa621

What was uncomfortable about the Scenera?

My main concern about the Scenera NEXT for long drives is the lack of harness pads.

He's not very verbal, so he couldn't really tell me. I think it may have been the recline that's required on the original scenera. We don't even use the harness covers on any of his other seats unless they're required.

melissa621

My daughter has only used hers for a couple rides. When she first got in the seat and I strapped her in, she complained that it was too tight. I pretended to do something with the straps and asked if it was better and she said yes. (This is a common occurrence with her in lots of seats right now.) She then said she wanted to be more "up" and so I pushed on the foot area of the seat to make the seat a little more upright (thanks, Dorel, for allowing flexibility with the recline!)

She didn't have anything more to say about the seat. I will say, though, that despite it being a time of day when I would have expected her to fall asleep in the car, she did not. Whether this means she wasn't as comfortable I can't tell, but it could be. It was also bitterly cold, so she had a collared fleece that was blocking the straps from rubbing on her neck.

Yea I'm thinking he doesn't like the recline of the original, so the flexibility with recline angles will probably help a lot. I'm hoping it isn't the lack of padding that bothered him. I'm hoping that it's not, but I've read that the solid colored seats are a bit better. He's also only about 25 lbs on a good day, so I wouldn't think a harder seat would bother him too much. He doesn't complain about out Foonf, which IMO is not soft in the butt at all, but you could not pay me money to lug that onto a plane alone.

Cnidaria

My 2 year 4 month old seems to find his to be fine. The NEXT can be very, very upright, which will help if he doesn't like being reclined.

meljc

The second the seat arrives, email Dorel CS with the model number and serial number to request the longer crotch strap. The one that comes standard is sized for a NB.

melissa621

The second the seat arrives, email Dorel CS with the model number and serial number to request the longer crotch strap. The one that comes standard is sized for a NB.

Will do. I did hear that seats manufactured after September come with the longer strap? Not sure if there is any truth to that but I'm sure he will definitely need it.

meljc

Will do. I did hear that seats manufactured after September come with the longer strap? Not sure if there is any truth to that but I'm sure he will definitely need it.

I didn't realize that! Glad to hear they updated that. It was really silly.

melissa621

Update. They definitely are sending the longer crotch straps now. And this fabric is a huge upgrade from the one they sell in store!! My almost 3 year old son still has 1.5-2 inches of harness height for FF (just on the plane). It made me realize just how tiny and short torsoed he is.

Attachments

• image-4165084735.jpg
    image-4165084735.jpg
    504 KB · Views: 68

meljc

Awesome! I'm so jealous. I got mine online and totally would have gotten the solid one if I had known the fabric was nicer :(

lgenne

Awesome! I'm so jealous. I got mine online and totally would have gotten the solid one if I had known the fabric was nicer :(

I'm super jealous, too. I ordered my zebra print roughly 2 days before the colors showed up on walmart.com.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Update. They definitely are sending the longer crotch straps now. And this fabric is a huge upgrade from the one they sell in store!! My almost 3 year old son still has 1.5-2 inches of harness height for FF (just on the plane). It made me realize just how tiny and short torsoed he is.

And I thought my daughter was tiny! She is 2y9m and she is almost even with the top slots.

He's adorable!

katymyers

Oh I know! He's around 35" but ALL legs. It makes car seat shopping a breeze!

That's how Ella is built. She's four and 36.5" tall but ALL legs lol. She's got miles of space in her Boulevard if I wanted to keep her rear facing (I let her turn around on her birthday).

MamaChirpy

They are supposed to but mine did not. I called and they shipped it out that very day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC