Target today and the haunted Titan

amyg530

so i went to target today b/c i had to see the new titan again, i measured it at 14 inches and yet Connor had almost 2 inches of room in it, and he has a 14 inch torso, so it makes no sense to me but here are the pictures i took

_003-3.jpg

_002-4.jpg

_001-7.jpg

ADS

Jordynsmama

Jordyn was like that in the CS. Her torso was 2 more than the top slots but she still fit practically but ppl said when the seat is installed, it fits kids differently.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
And that's why I don't like the recommendation for parents to measure their kids' torso heights to determine which seats to try.

Also, I've known for YEARS that the Titan is haunted. We got so many different measurements for harness slots on that seat back in the day it was scary!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
And that's why I don't like the recommendation for parents to measure their kids' torso heights to determine which seats to try.

Also, I've known for YEARS that the Titan is haunted. We got so many different measurements for harness slots on that seat back in the day it was scary!

You and me both!!! LOL!

Jeanum

Staff member
LOL I'm kicking myself yet again for not bringing a tape measure with me to CPST class. We had the newer 50 lb. weight limit Titan as one of the practice seats, and an instructor said it had taller top slots than the older 40 lb. weight limit model.

scatterbunny

I think measuring the torso and slot heights isn't a perfect science, BUT it's at least a starting point. I always tell folks it isn't perfect, most kids will sit differently against a wall than they do in a carseat, but to get a torso measurement AND gauge how a child fits in various seats gives a pretty clear picture of torso height that helps narrow down seat options.

Hayley's torso was not 17 inches when she got too tall for a MA, but her torso was OVER 17 inches when she got too tall for a Futura, even though both measure very similar.

arly1983

I have had the same problems with the Regent vs. Marathon fit.....The third slots of the regent measure 17 ins so you would assume that since DS had .5 in to till the top slots of the MA, he would be .5 ins below the 3rd slots of the Regent, right?

Uh uh, he is actually below the second from the bottom slots. Makes no sense....

Splash

Which is why the top slot in a MA is slightly above Charlie's jawline, yet the top slot in a Apex is well over the top of his HEAD, and the two have the "same" measurements.

scatterbunny

Yup. But I measure 16.75 for the MA and 17.25-17.5 for the Apex, so the Apex top slots definitely ARE taller, but not by such a drastic amount as you'd think just by looking at kids in the seats. Hayley was too tall for a MA 18 months ago and still barely fits the Apex. :p

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
A thought on this. If the seat depth is different, the child will sit differently in the seat. IE. if the seat of the Titan is deeped than the lenth of the child's legs, they will be slumped somewhat in the seat to be able to bend at the knees.

UlrikeDG

Nadia fits very different in her Marathon, depending on where she rests her feet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC