Which car seat to take on an airplane?

Nisha

I just realized I've only ever used an infant only seat on an airplane, we will be traveling in a few months with our 16 month old. Options are clek foonf or fllo, britax Boulevard g3 or graco 4ever. Seat will need to be RF on the plane, and used in a taxi for about 20 miles from the airport to our destination. Flying United if that makes any difference!
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Option 5: Cosco Scenera NEXT.

Personally I don't think is want to take any of the seats you mentioned on a plane.

If I had to maybe I'd take the Britax.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I second the suggestion of a Scenera NEXT. We love ours! I can carry it with one finger and the fabric on the solid-color ones (order online) is nice and comfy.

Get it now and then call Dorel for the longer crotch strap. It will likely be needed for your 16 month old and even if it's not necessary it will be nice to have for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cnidaria

Before I read the previous two responses I was going to say Cosco Scenera NEXT! It's great to travel with.

I hear that the NEXTs manufactured after August are coming with the longer crotch strap.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Before I read the previous two responses I was going to say Cosco Scenera NEXT! It's great to travel with.

I hear that the NEXTs manufactured after August are coming with the longer crotch strap.

I will check when I get home, but I am pretty sure ours was manufactured in Sept and it had a shorter crotch strap...

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I will check when I get home, but I am pretty sure ours was manufactured in Sept and it had a shorter crotch strap...

Nope, I was wrong. Mine was manufactured in April 2015, not Sept.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC