Car Seat Fave Five

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thought this might be fun -- 5 random questions....no wrong answers, just personal opinions! Answer them all or just whichever you have opinions on.

1. Favorite seat for easily switching between harnessed and booster modes?

2. Favorite seat for rear-facing kids' legroom?

3. Favorite harnessed seat for taking in and out of the car regularly?

4. Favorite HBB for petite kids?

5. Favorite seat to take on an airplane?

ETA: Just wanted to clarify that the seat you choose doesn't have to be the best at that particular feature -- just your favorite seat that works for that situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

brooksfamily

1. not there yet

2. maxi cosi pria - good legroom, but still compact

3. Britax G3/G4

4. not there yet

5. I've only used 1...Britax marathon...easy to use, bulky and heavy to get on the plane solo

lourdes

Let's see if I can answer in the right order
1- haven't use one
2- Radian RXT leg room
3-Graco Headwise easy install
4- Graco Turbo with SS for petite
5- Radian for travel

katymyers

1. I guess the Frontier, I have yet to find another combination I actually like very much but I love that one. You can tuck the harness behind the cover without having to remove it for boostering.
2. Complete Air 50, Levi has a serious lack of flexibility and has a hard time even sitting cross legged but that seat still took him to 40 lbs and 3.5 years rear facing.
3. Britax G3-G4, this is pretty much my perfect seat. I absolutely love everything about it. It's so remarkably well designed.
4. Chicco Kidfit, it's very short at its lowest setting, Ella (who is four but only weighs 27 lbs and is 15th percentile for height with an almost nonexistent torso) fits beautifully in the seat. I'd obviously never use it for her due to her age and size but the fact that it fit her so well was amazing to me.
5. Bubblebums for my boys (not used on the plane obviously but they'd be able to carry them in their luggage) and APT 50 for my girls (Ella would probably forward face, hence the APT 50 and not a Scenera NEXT, though she would fit rear facing and Aubrei rear facing).

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
It's so interesting to read what seats people like and what they've tried. I never would have thought to take an APT 50 on a plane -- I would have expected it to be too wide.

Here are my own answers:

--> I'm not there yet, but I'm really curious to see more answers to this question!

--> So far, it's the Nextfit, although when I tried my daughter in the Pria 85 she had more space for her legs, so I'm leaning in that direction but I am not sure how much I would like the other features of the seat (harness adjustment, etc) so I'm still on the fence.

--> My FIL takes the kids' seats out frequently and he prefers the Boulevard Clicktight. It's definitely easy, but I personally think it is too heavy for moving around frequently, so I'm always on the lookout for other seat that are fast and easy to install.

--> I'm not there yet. The Parkway seems like it would be good for this because of the anti-submarine clip, but the starting weight is 40 lbs, so for the really petite kids who would benefit most from this, they can't use it. I am very interesting in more opinions on this!

--> I have only used an Cybex Aton 2 (LOVE) and a Roundabout (OK). Now that I have a Scenera NEXT, I am actively looking for an excuse to take a plane trip . . .

thekatie

1. No experience here!
2. Maxi-Cosi Pria :)
3. Ohh, tough. Probably Diono Radian (even though I know most wouldn't agree :eek:)
4. Whichever Evenflo my BFF has for her daughter, not sure which model it is but she's 10 and 42lb and that seat is great for her. Ugly as can be but fits great.
5. Combi Coccoro

lgenne

Thought this might be fun -- 5 random questions....no wrong answers, just personal opinions! Answer them all or just whichever you have opinions on.

ETA: Just wanted to clarify that the seat you choose doesn't have to be the best at that particular feature -- just your favorite seat that works for that situation.

1) Not that I've done it (well, I tried it for giggles when I had the cover off once) but the Milestone has a great way to switch.

2) So far, Radian. Oh, and the TWE, depending on where it's installed. I'm guessing the E2F will knock our socks off.

3) Hm. None of mine really fit the bill. I suppose Scenera NEXT is about as good as it gets. Super lightweight, and you can always use LATCH, as long as you have lower anchors. Assuming they aren't buried super deep with those standard LATCH hooks.

4) I wouldn't know. My "small" kid isn't 4 yet, and he's bigger than average.

5) Scenera NEXT hands down. Assuming the kid fits it, anyway.

mping

1. Never used one
2. Only used Britax for rf
3. Britax CT
4. Graco Affix/TB
5. Maestro

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC