International trip: will Cosco Scenera work with Mountain Buggy Nano stroller?

punkinann

I'll be travelling to Asia with my 1.5 year old, and am looking for an easy-to-install RF car seat that I can use in taxis, then fasten onto a stroller instead of carrying it.

My little boy is long, 90th percentile, and we plan to do ERF, so whatever we buy will not be his primary car seat. His brother was rear-facing in a Radian until age 4.

I hear that the Combi Cocorro works with the mountain buggy nano, but that's over $500 for gear I'd be using for 10 days.I wouldn't mind spending so much for the stroller if I could do it with an inexpensive car seat.

Will the mountain buggy nano take a Cosco Scenara?

What is it about the Combi Cocorro that allows it to be used with a snap n go or with the nano, but not other car seats?

Any other options out there?

Thanks in advance!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Combi's shape helps a lot. It also has a lockoff that comes with the seat.

The Scenera Next is easy to install and use, but you'll need to make sure you get a locking clip from someplace.

Wendy

punkinann

Hmm, do I need a locking clip to make the scenera work with the mountain buggy nano stroller? Or just for the car? Either way, I've got at least 2 locking clips; I never travel without one :)

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I don't know for sure, but it may have something to do with the narrowness of the Coccoro that makes it worksite the nano. I think it is a couple inches narrower than the Scenera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creideamh

I imagine you could manage to wedge it in there (might have to tip it sideways or something), but if you want your child to ride in it whilst in the stroller...I kind of doubt it. The Nano is, well, nano. Very awesome, but a niche stroller just as the Coccoro is a niche seat.

JlynnB

It might not work with the Nano but it might with another umbrella stroller. I was surprised when my Roundabout 50 fit almost perfectly on the B-Nimble stroller. You could play around with what's available at Wal-Mart. I have a NEXT but it's at, my parent's house or I would try it with my strollers. I think the base might nestle well into certain strollers, but even if it does it will take time to really secure it in there somehow to make it safe enough to ride on. I used a Traveling Toddler but I'm not sure if they sell that anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

punkinann

JlynnB

That looks like the older model Scenera, which is not very easy to install RF. The Scenera NEXT has a really easy install, and I think that's all that's sold in stores any more. Hopefully that fits in the Nano as well, but if not the older ones are still available online, and they're so light it might be worth the harder install. It gets easier with practice.

punkinann

I tried to post this earlier but it didn't go through.

The Scenera Next fit into the seat of $20 Cosco umbrella stroller. I placed it into the stroller forward facing and secured it to the stroller by attaching the the LATCH hooks and the rear facing tether hook to a strap across the back of the frame in back. After doing this and tightening the straps, the car seat was secure enough that I felt comfortable pushing my toddler around in the car seat/stroller combo.

Most newer cars in Korea have LATCH, so it was a quick install/removal and transition between stroller and car, about 2 minutes. The lightness of the Scenera made it even easier.

The Scenera Next was a smidge too wide to squeeze between the metal side bars of the stroller frame, so it was slightly askew, but not enough to bother the baby or make it feel unstable.

At $45 for the Scenera Next plus $20 for the stroller, it was an extremely affordable travel solution!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC