Honda Pilot button Question

mfrasier

long story short: I hurt my car last week, it is looking like it will be totaled out, I was going 10 miles an hour at the most so I just happened to take the impact in the sweet spot that killed the transmission line. Anyway I am looking at Honda pilots. I am currently driving my sisters old pilot 2001? 2002? and I noticed this morning in the dark the buttons for controls like temperature don't glow. I am specifically looking at 2013,2014,2015,2016 Pilot models. Do they glow? Last thing I want to do is be in this same position again because I had to search to find the heat/ac/defrost at the wrong time.

ADS

NVMBR02

Ours is a 2012 and I don't remember. :eek:. Ill take a look this afternoon/evening. I don't think it is dark though. It is a tri climate control dial (driver, passenger, backseat) on a dial, with a button for the mode (feet, defrost, etc...) I know the seat warmer thing glows.

brooksfamily

We have a 2011 and I'm fairly sure everything glows. It's not the primary car I drive, but I often drive it at night if I have to run and errand and I've never had an issue with finding the buttons to adjust the heat.

The only thing that is in a weird spot is the trunk release when you are in the vehicle, but you wouldn't need to find that while you are driving.

Meg

I have a 2013 Honda Pilot and I remember there being something odd about the knobs lighting up at night when I first got it.. Like I couldn't see them or something. I can't remember the exact issue, but whatever the issue was, I quickly figured it out. I will investigate tonight though in my car and report back. ;)

NVMBR02

I finally remembered to check (sorry!)

On the 2012 everything glows. There is a knob by the speedometer that you can turn to adjust the brightness.

mfrasier

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! Didn't want to be the weirdo at the dealership hold on let me look at this under a blanket or something. Lol

jess71903

Ambassador
I'm betting your sisters glows, too. She either has the brightness turned all the way down or a fuse is out or something.

mfrasier

I have the brightness all the way up on the dash and this is what it looks like?? Is there a different place to turn up the center portion? Added a picture of the console in regular light

Attachments

• image-3619388487.jpg
    image-3619388487.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 15
  • image-4014353026.jpg
    image-4014353026.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC