Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Honda Pilot button Question

long story short: I hurt my car last week, it is looking like it will be totaled out, I was going 10 miles an hour at the most so I just happened to take the impact in the sweet spot that killed the transmission line. Anyway I am looking at Honda pilots. I am currently driving my sisters old pilot 2001? 2002? and I noticed this morning in the dark the buttons for controls like temperature don't glow. I am specifically looking at 2013,2014,2015,2016 Pilot models. Do they glow? Last thing I want to do is be in this same position again because I had to search to find the heat/ac/defrost at the wrong time.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Honda Pilot button Question

Ours is a 2012 and I don't remember. . Ill take a look this afternoon/evening. I don't think it is dark though. It is a tri climate control dial (driver, passenger, backseat) on a dial, with a button for the mode (feet, defrost, etc...) I know the seat warmer thing glows.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Carseat Crazy

We have a 2011 and I'm fairly sure everything glows. It's not the primary car I drive, but I often drive it at night if I have to run and errand and I've never had an issue with finding the buttons to adjust the heat.

The only thing that is in a weird spot is the trunk release when you are in the vehicle, but you wouldn't need to find that while you are driving.

I have a 2013 Honda Pilot and I remember there being something odd about the knobs lighting up at night when I first got it.. Like I couldn't see them or something. I can't remember the exact issue, but whatever the issue was, I quickly figured it out. I will investigate tonight though in my car and report back.

Senior Community Member

I finally remembered to check (sorry!)

On the 2012 everything glows. There is a knob by the speedometer that you can turn to adjust the brightness.
    Former CPST and Mom to
    C-13 years old, B-11 years old
    A-8 years old riding in a Harmony Youth Booster or Graco TurboBooster

Carseat Crazy
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! Didn't want to be the weirdo at the dealership hold on let me look at this under a blanket or something. Lol

I'm betting your sisters glows, too. She either has the brightness turned all the way down or a fuse is out or something.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Lights on and lights off:
    Last edited by Meg; 03-30-2016 at 08:49 AM.

Carseat Crazy
    I have the brightness all the way up on the dash and this is what it looks like?? Is there a different place to turn up the center portion? Added a picture of the console in regular light
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mfrasier; 12-10-2015 at 05:12 PM.

Carseat Crazy

Given the age of her Pilot she may have a bulb in the dash burnt out.

I have a 2011 and everything is well lit.
    Katherine mommy to Emma 5/06 (2 Big Kids) and Ellie 6/10 (Zebra FR90 and FF TF)

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaGrace'sMom View Post
    Given the age of her Pilot she may have a bulb in the dash burnt out.

I have a 2011 and everything is well lit.
    Or a fuse that's out. My Chevy Malibu did that and it was a fuse.
    Allie, Mom to
    DS (1.6.2012) riding in a Frontier
    DD (2.2.2014) riding in a 4Ever & Boulevard