Rental car says it is "standard elite SUV" similar to Chevy Traverse

jjordan

I am not at all an SUV expert. If a rental car company offers a "standard elite SUV" that is similar to a Chevy Traverse, what are some of the other makes/models that we could get?

The other (different) SUV categories are:
Standard SUV (Ford Edge or similar)
Full size SUV (Chevy Tahoe or similar)
Premium SUV (Chevy Suburban or similar)

ADS

littleangelfire

I vote they made it up, lol. Their descriptions don't make sense. I don't necessarily consider a suburban a premium suv, just a big one! Lol sounds like someone was getting creative with the normal compact, mid size, full size adjectives and missed the mark plus threw in an extra category

jjordan

Of course they made up the categories, I was just giving the other options so that people would have examples of some vehicles that wouldn't be considered the same. �� Thanks!

NVMBR02

GMC Acadia, Toyota Highlander are the two that came to mind for me.

This is what I was thinking as well. I'm guessing the "elite: part is probably a third row. So I would say is is a smallish/midsized SUV with a third row. The standard SUV is without the third row. The Full-sized is a slightly bigger SUV with third row and the Premium is a large SUV with third row. That seems to fall in my my experience with renting cars though we usually stick with a full sized car.

SavsMom

Ford Explorer
Dodge Durango

It's just a classification of vehicle. If you are wanting a specific model call the rental car company and get clarification and then specify what you need.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Elite to me means luxury vehicles so the Traverse they give as an example wouldn't even be in it. I would think Acura MDX, Lexus RX models, Infinity QX models, etc. I would definitely call them and find out what the "elite" moniker provides.

Oh, LOL, and I see they say "standard elite" which is kinda funny since elite to me is not standard. So it must be some added feature, like someone else suggested, perhaps an SUV with 3rd row or maybe a large SUV vs mid-size? Premium or Plus might have been a better choice of words. Dunno. I suppose people could interpret those in a confusing way as well.

littleangelfire

Elite to me means luxury vehicles so the Traverse they give as an example wouldn't even be in it. I would think Acura MDX, Lexus RX models, Infinity QX models, etc. I would definitely call them and find out what the "elite" moniker provides.

Oh, LOL, and I see they say "standard elite" which is kinda funny since elite to me is not standard. So it must be some added feature, like someone else suggested, perhaps an SUV with 3rd row or maybe a large SUV vs mid-size? Premium or Plus might have been a better choice of words. Dunno. I suppose people could interpret those in a confusing way as well.

Yes! My point exactly in my post. Their categories are whacked. Chevy Traverse definitely is not elite!

jjordan

Ford Explorer
Dodge Durango

It's just a classification of vehicle. If you are wanting a specific model call the rental car company and get clarification and then specify what you need.

I know it's just a classification, which is why I wondered what other vehicles might be considered in the same class. I don't know if any rental car company could/would guarantee a specific model. :)

SavsMom

I know it's just a classification, which is why I wondered what other vehicles might be considered in the same class. I don't know if any rental car company could/would guarantee a specific model. :)

You might be surprised - I have coworkers that travel for work extensively and are have been able to call and see what is currently in the lineup and reserve a specific model. It doesn't hurt to try right :)

jjordan

You might be surprised - I have coworkers that travel for work extensively and are have been able to call and see what is currently in the lineup and reserve a specific model. It doesn't hurt to try right :)

I can see them doing that a day or two ahead, especially at a location that has a lot of vehicles. A month ahead at an off-airport rental site is unlikely to do anything but laugh at that kind of request, I'm thinking. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC