disneyworld transportation

Angie

Thinking about planning a trip to Disneyworld. Tell me about the transportation needs and whether I need a seat.

If I use a Cares harness on the plane, will I need a seat? I'm assuming so on the Disney bus from the airport to the resort? But then what about the resort shuttle buses?

My daughter is 2.5. She'll either be ALMOST 3 or 3 already, depending on the dates I actually choose. She's in the 85th%ile all around, so big for her age, which is why I might consider the Cares harness.

We need a new seat that is super easy to install for travelling purposes (on planes/vacations). I'm debating between a Cares harness and Immi Go VS. an Evenflo Securekid DLX.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Disney shuttles, including the one from the airport owned by Disney, are large buses without belts. Car seats can't be used on board.

The only reason you would need a seat is for off-property excursions. If you don't take any of those you won't use one while there.

sm1982

Some Magic Express buses do have lap/shoulder belts but they don't allow the use of car seats. The buses used between resorts and parks are like city buses, no seat belts at all.

kathysr98

Magical Express may or may not have seatbelts as PP have noted. We took a car seat when we went for dd's 5th birthday. First, I wanted her to fly in a seat she was comfortable in so she didn't spend the entire flight flopping about and complaining about being uncomfortable. (She's a drama queen.) Second, I wanted a seat available in case we needed to leave property for an emergency. We didn't have an emergency, but we would have likely missed a dinner reservation if we hadn't had a seat to use in a taxi when we needed one. I also left property to have a stroller tire repaired, but I left my dd with my mother for that trip.

Angie

So if we aren't going off property, I essentially don't need one? Well, except for whatever she needs for the plane itself. I know a lot of people are not fans of the Cares harness, but it almost seems like the best option here...

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So if we aren't going off property, I essentially don't need one? Well, except for whatever she needs for the plane itself. I know a lot of people are not fans of the Cares harness, but it almost seems like the best option here...

As long as she will fit the plane belt (my one daughter did at 3 1/2 but her 7 1/2 year old sister didn't the same trip despite weighing 10 pounds more; 37 and 47 pounds respectively but one was stocky and solid while one was long and willowy) and not unbuckle (we had issues with the 3 1/2 year old, not at first but after a couple hours) the only drawback to the CARES would be the cost, and there are ways around that.

Angie

As long as she will fit the plane belt (my one daughter did at 3 1/2 but her 7 1/2 year old sister didn't the same trip despite weighing 10 pounds more; 37 and 47 pounds respectively but one was stocky and solid while one was long and willowy) and not unbuckle (we had issues with the 3 1/2 year old, not at first but after a couple hours) the only drawback to the CARES would be the cost, and there are ways around that.

Please, do tell! I might get one just in case she doesn't fit the lap belt. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well sometimes they are on Zulily. I eventually bought one there. The first time I used it I borrowed from someone here for shipping cost. I've since lent mine several times the same way. There are people who rent them online as well as stores in some areas that do (they are unlikely to be crashed so cleaning method is likely the only concern...) and I believe there are a few available for Canadian forum members to borrow somewhere too.

The CARES will NOT tighten the lap belt. It also has no crotch strap.

Angie

So....the lap belt still needs to fit her correctly in order to use Cares, right? I'm aware of the crotch strap thing.

I found someone local selling theirs (used once, I'll ask if it was cleaned) for a great price, so I'm picking it up tomorrow. This will likely be the only trip with it.

We are actually flying to visit family in February (with her Evenflo Securekid DLX) and I'll test to see if the seat belt fits her then...just to see. I don't want to fly with her in just the lap belt, but if the lap belt must fit (I'm sure it must...) for Cares to fit properly, I'll get a lap belt dry run then. Our trip to Disneyworld is not until October.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC