I found a way to get a new Graco Connext booster!

Holly

I ended up buying a Connext booster sort of by accident when they were on clearance when they were discontinued.
At the time, I was driving a neighbor boy to school with my kids and I made him use a booster but he would never buckle it in when he got out, so with the Connext on clearance, it seemed like a great solution.

We only drove him for another month or two so then my kids used that booster and it became our favorite.
It's more comfortable than the Literider for my 9 and 10 year old because it's longer to support their thighs better. It's plenty roomy but not crazy wide.
Of course by the time we realized how much we loved it, they were long gone from stores.
It was impossible to find someone selling one because everyone that had one loved it too and didn't want to sell.

So it's been a dream to find another one, but not something I thought would really happen.
I posted an iso in a car seat b/s/t group and found a tech who had one that she was willing to part with.
Mine is blue and hers was red. I showed my kids the picture and they both strongly preferred the blue. I knew that they would fight like crazy over which one they got to sit in, so I thought "hey, maybe Graco still has some covers for these and I can just buy another blue cover".
So I used the model number and manufacture date from my seat to look up replacement parts.
To my surprise, they not only had the covers, they had the entire seat/base available to buy, as well as the shoulder belt strap and the plastic clip that holds the cover to the base in the front.
You can literally build your own Connext booster from scratch!

The cover doesn't specify what color it is, so I called Graco to ask what colors they had. They have both the red and the blue, but the color you get depends on the model number you enter when looking up the parts.
I asked if it would work to basically buy all the pieces and essentially have a new booster. I told the rep that it was discontinued but our favorite booster and that we'd love to have another. I asked her if that would be ok to order it like that and use it. She said yes, that's totally fine.
I also had her tell me how many covers and bases they have.
She told me they had 30 red covers, 14 blue covers, and 19 bases.
I ended up ordering the whole thing from Graco instead of buying the red one from the tech that I was going to, because it was cheaper to do that and just get a blue from the start and not have to buy a blue cover for it later.
It arrived this past Wednesday and it's great! Both my two oldest are using them now. I'm so happy to have all my big kids boosters latched in, no one has to buckle a booster in when they get out anymore.
I know there are others here who love the Connext as much as I do, so I thought I'd share.

Here are the model numbers you will need to buy one!

If you want RED:
model # 1850504 date: 2012/11/29

If you want BLUE:
model # 1853339 date: 2013/08/29

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

ADS

Holly

Wish I had the money right now [emoji3]. What's the expiration date look like on the bases?

That's the only thing about buying a new one this way, my new base doesn't have a model number or manufacture date sticker on it. I'm planning to call Graco to ask if they know, otherwise I'll err on the side of caution and assume it was made at the same time as the first Connexts which was the end of 2012. They have a 10 year expiration, so 2022.

Keeyamah

Well, that would last until Sean is 10 and Quinn 13, so pretty good for me. Decent chance they would be 5-stepping or just need Incognito. If I had the $$ [emoji22]

Holly

Well, that would last until Sean is 10 and Quinn 13, so pretty good for me. Decent chance they would be 5-stepping or just need Incognito. If I had the $$ [emoji22]

They will probably have them for a while, unless everyone here goes nuts and buys them like crazy. :)
Really though, I think there is a great chance you can still get them later if you really want some.

Holly

Great info! What was the price when buying from Graco? Also is this a low back or high back?

After shipping, I spent $31.45 but I only bought the base, cover, and clip that holds the front of the cover on. I didn't buy the shoulder belt strap because my girls fit well without them.

I think these seats were $25 when they were in stores. The extra $6 was well worth it for me to have another one of these.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I built a FrankenNauti this way several years ago. Backfired on me though as the seat portion had a very old DOM and once it was shipped to me (got sent to USA, picked up by a Canadian and brought back to Canada and then shipped to me), part of the seat was cracked so I had to toss the seat. Was left with the cover which I'm still using now (the Dori pattern wasn't available in Canada) and the harness which I sold. I had to buy a new seat here. Costly venture for something that had initially saved me money.

sunflower

Is this really narrower than a Radian? Is it more comfortable than other seats, or is the latch the benefit of this seat?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Is this really narrower than a Radian? Is it more comfortable than other seats, or is the latch the benefit of this seat?

It is a nice wide low booster. Really great for older kids. But it's wide inside instead of out so it takes up less room than you'd think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC