Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

ISO Boob beanie, newborn size

I thought my MIL was making me one but she's said nothign and I really want one for this baby who's due any day now. Not seeing colors I love on eBay so thought I'd try here...though I may get impatient and go ahead and buy one on there. I did check Etsy but I'm no tfeeling patient enough, I guess, most will be a couple weeks before they make it and get it here (which is perfectly reasonable, just I waited too long so hoping for faster). Don't know anywhere else to get one. Was hoping in the $10ish range and a peachy color.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: ISO Boob beanie, newborn size

Lori makes them. You might pm her.
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

I forgot her username but katiesmommy 's mom made me a few knit hats. She does fabulous work. I think her name is Melinda.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'm hoping to buy one already made so it can ship faster but that may not be possible, all I see for sale have a several day lead time so the seller can make it.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    A newborn boob beanie shouldn't take more than an hour to make. I've never made one of them, but could easily. The problem is that I don't have the right colored yarn (I'm not sure how--I have yarn stashed all over the house), and I'm in the middle of another project that I'm rushing to finish by Christmas.

There's a CSO crafters Facebook group, although it might be private. If you search on this forum for crochet bear or elephant you'll find a thread where a bunch of us shared crochet projects. One of those people might be able to help. ETA: here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.p...highlight=bear

Also...I think going the CSO route would give you better results than finding a stranger at this point. I'd never do a custom order for $10. Between the price of the yarn, buying a pattern (though I could figure that one out on my own), the time it takes to make, and shipping it, I'd likely be out money. I'd do it for a friend for that price (or free), and maybe you could find someone who whipped up a bunch at once and is selling them cheap, but handmade things are often undervalued. Sorry! Like I said, if I had the yarn I'd make one for you, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    A newborn boob beanie shouldn't take more than an hour to make. I've never made one of them, but could easily. The problem is that I don't have the right colored yarn (I'm not sure how--I have yarn stashed all over the house), and I'm in the middle of another project that I'm rushing to finish by Christmas.

There's a CSO crafters Facebook group, although it might be private. If you search on this forum for crochet bear or elephant you'll find a thread where a bunch of us shared crochet projects. One of those people might be able to help.
    Yeah, the sad part is I knit, I have needles, but I don't have the right color yarn either, I don't think. I've never bought pink yarn in my life, lol, so I'm pretty sure I don't, though I might have a bit of peach somewhere. I didn't even worry about it since I thought MIL was making one but she's said nothing and I suspect she just isn't going to get to it. I'll see if I can find the group, thanks! I found a couple on eBay I'm considering. I shouldn't be so picky since I'm in a hurry, but I don't want one that's white and fuschia, lol. I'd rather have it a slightly in realistic peach or tan tones.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121747880013...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151701424659...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You replied foo quick, LOL. I edited my post up top with the link to the thread I was thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    You replied foo quick, LOL. I edited my post up top with the link to the thread I was thinking of.
    Great! I tried searchign and couldn't find it.

ETA: sorry, don't have anythign else to do...or nothing else I'm willing to do feeling this crappy. :P

I went through the thread, didn't see a link to a FB group, though.

Quote Originally Posted by littleangelfire View Post
    I went through the thread, didn't see a link to a FB group, though.
    I thought it was there somewhere, but maybe not. In any case, you might want to try PMing some of the people who posted in that thread in case they can help out.

I guess I'll just order on eBay--seems faster, I found those 2 auctions above that are already finished. Anyone want to share opinion on color? I know I'm overthinking this. I'm torn between the beige here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121747880013...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121815743290...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm very fair, if that matters :P I don't like the straight up white and bright pink ones, though. Beige seems more 'natural', no?

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

These say they are ready to ship and $9 plus shipping (it said $2.25 to ship to me) for newborn.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1228575...nie-newborn-to
    DD1: 13, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 9, Chicco KidFit, HBTB
    DD2: 6, ffing RA50

Quote Originally Posted by rachelandtyke View Post
    These say they are ready to ship and $9 plus shipping (it said $2.25 to ship to me) for newborn.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1228575...nie-newborn-to
    Oh, those are good! And she has a few different colors though I think I like the one you linked to best. And she's not across the country from me which would speed up shipping. Thank you!