Need carseat for 2nd row middle seat in Honda Odyssey

stephaniez

My youngest will be 3 in January, he is currently about 33 pounds. He's still rear facing and will be at least until I figure out what carseat to get (I won't turn him until at least 3 though).

He needs to sit in the middle seat of the second row of my 2014 Honda Odyssey. We do already have the seats on wide mode but since all the seats are occupied and this configuration works best as far as who sits by who, I don't have any other options of where to put him.

I'm open to either a convertible seat or a ff harness/booster seat. I want to stay under $150 if I can. I was planning on buying the Graco Nautilus as we had one before and really liked it but now I've read that it won't work in that spot. I don't have to worry about carseats on either side as the 6 foot tall teenagers sit in those two spots. But obviously they will appreciate a carseat that takes less space and the seats need to move to let out the 3 in the back row.

Thanks for any suggestions.

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Forgive me if I missed this in your original post, but what seat is he currently in and why does he need a new one? Is he outgrowing his current seat or is it expiring? Does a younger sibling need it?

I think, but I am not sure, that I read that the Milestone works in that spot. If it does, I think that would be my vote. It would keep your son RF for right now, but you wouldn't really be missing out on much by not doing the Nautilus because it becomes a HBB later on too.

It is over $150, but right now it is $184 on Amazon and there might be other Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals that might bring it down into your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stephaniez

His current seat is expiring. At present time there is no younger siblings but I have no idea if that will change or not in the future.

I've been looking at the Milestone tonight even thought it was a bit more than I was hoping to spend and after measuring I "think" it might fit. Graco's site said the seat was 17.56 wide, when I measured the space between the two captains chair it is 17.5 inches. So there might be a slight rubbing but I'm not sure if the overhand is okay. I also have no idea how it will install. I've been reading through threads here and I haven't seen any with this seat installed there but I certainly could have missed it.

I also looked at the Graco Contender and the Size 4 me but they both seems to be a little wider so I don't think they will work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

lgenne

The Milestone definitely works there, both RF and FF. I haven't tried it as a booster.

I love my Milestone. If you can fit it into your budget, it's really useful to have with the latest generation of Odyssey.

stephaniez

I went ahead and ordered the Milestone from Kohl's It was on sale for 183.99 and I got to take $5 off with my Yes2u Rewards, it also generated $45 in Kohl's cash plus I got the equivalent of another $10 in swagbucks since they were running a 6SB for $1 special yesterday. Since I was planning on ordering pants from Kohl's for DH I will just hold off because now they will be free and I can justify the higher than planned price of the carseat.

The funny part is I spent most of the day trying to convince my DH that our son would be just fine riding in a pick carseat (since Kohl's was sold out of black)and I wasn't willing to spend another $45 just to have a black carseat.

He finally said buy the pink one even though he wasn't crazy with the idea. So I go to load the page (after relaoding it about a dozen times that day) and now there was a black one, so I quickly ordered it.

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad to know it will fit in the Odyssey where I need it to.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC