Question Graco Milestone or Milestone with Safety Surround?

karid08

Hello,
I posted a few days ago and was recommended the Graco Milestone for my 4 month old 14 lbs baby. We have a Keyfit 30, but since we need another carseat, we might as well get a convertible one. I don't want to get another base and I know my husband won't feel comfortable installing it without the base, plus I'm always on the run, and prefer having something ready to go.
The seat will be installed either in a 2013 CRV (passenger side as we have an Argos 70 for our 6yo on the driver side) or on a 2016 Odyssey (passenger side captain chair). Not sure yet in which one it will be since for now the CRV is our main vehicle, but once we get the Odyssey within the next week or so, that might change. Also don't know which car seat would be more convenient for the most used car. Any suggestions??
Anyway, the question about the safety surround. Does it make a difference in safety? I was going to buy it, but Kohls has the regular one on sale for $183, plus you get $45 in cash back, so that makes a pretty good deal (they don't sell the safety surround one). So I'm wondering if I should still spend the extra money on the surround or not.
Thank you for the help and sorry about the long post,:p

ADS

karid08

I forgot to mention I took the baby to try the safety surround one at bbb and really liked the fit. Is the fit different in the regular? And is it roughly the same size? Thanks

rin2809

For the price, I don't know that the safety surround is a substantial enough difference. The regular Milestone has a sturdy enough frame that I would probably go with the regular seat with the deal you have.

lgenne

The fit will be the same in both.

I have the Milestone with SS, and I think if I were buying again, I'd get it without. I'm not convinced there's much safety benefit, and it blocks the kid's view.

karid08

Thank you all. I think I'm going to get the regular Milestone then. This might be a silly question, but I might as well ask. I've never had a black/black carseat so I don't know (I usually get some kind of grey), but do they get very hot? Kohl's only has the black/black and a hot pink with black (Don't know if the pink will get too dirty). We're in South Florida if that makes a difference. Any suggestions? Thank you again for all your help!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The pink one is pink and navy, not black. Personally, I would never buy an all-black car seat if I can avoid it -- mostly because I find it boring, but also because I would worry about the heat factor even though my daughter has never complained about being hot in her onyx roundabout.

The pink/navy milestone is cute, though, and I think it is supposed to be easy to wash even if it gets dirty. The only car seat that I have had so far that shows dirt easily is the grey Britax Boulevard Clicktight, so I think it depends a lot more on the type of fabric than the color in many cases. I don't know much about the fabric on the Milestone, so I can't comment there. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1mommy

Target has a purple and a green that look pretty. Don't know how good of a deal it is compared to kohls tho. Make sure you use ebates if you buy online for an extra cash back :)

karid08

Thank you all! I didn't realize it was navy and pink! Now I think it's super cute like that, so I'll be buying it today! Yay, so excited. Thank you so much!

AllieK

I'm the queen of boring black car seats! (They match my interior... and are gender neutral...) :D We live in Southern California so it gets HOT and I've never had an issue with the kids complaining about the seats being hot. They are never hot to the touch either. All our vehicles (except my mom's car) have tinted windows so I do feel that makes a difference.

In my mom's car she likes to use one of these shades over the seats: Car Seat Sun Shade but I don't know how much it really helps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC