Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

2015 Nissan Rogue, 2nd row center

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam...ssan-rogue.pdf

Nissan says no CRS in the 2nd row center position but it seems to imply (but not state) that boosters are okay. Does anybody know if boosters are okay?

We're expecting a 3rd in June and I'm fine with using my car 95% of the time, but we might still need to get all 3 in DH's car at some point.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: 2015 Nissan Rogue, 2nd row center

I don't know fore sure, but the way I read it, they listed boosters as CRSs, so they would seem to include them in the center seat prohibition. I do not know their reasoning for this prohibition, though. Are there seatbelt overlap issues?
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag

Carseat Crazy

There is seat belt overlap but they also include instructions on installing a seat in the middle position elsewhere. Then in this guide they also say "All children 12 and under should ride in the rear seat properly secured in a CRS, booster seat, or seat belt, according to their size", which seems to imply they consider boosters are a separate category than CRS. Oh, and it has 3 top tether anchors. Why is this so complicated?

Carseat Crazy

If thy don't prohibit certain side by side installs like some Toyotas, then with all that info I would assume they just didn't test fit anything in the center and that the cheat sheet you posed first is for those who don't think about it as hard as we do or need three across.
    Last edited by MelodyoftheForest; 11-22-2015 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    -Reta
    Former CPST
    Mom of V, born 6/2014, FF in a Pioneer, Boulevard G4, and SureRide
    G dog, rescued 6/2016, in a belted SturdiBag