Question Britax Boulevard Click tight

U

Unregistered

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help me :)

So my Clicktight Panel got completely jammed today when my daughters babysitters were watching her (no idea what happened) but it took over an hour to unjam it, i had to unscrew some of the screws just to get the panel to open and to remove the seatbelt so i could take the carseat inside to have a closer look.

Now I have gotten the click tight back into its original position and it opens but its extremely hard to twist and the bars that lock the seat in has to be twisted back (i hope this makes sense lol)
I have put the seatbelt back into its position because i needed to take my daughter home, after putting her to bed I thought I would look at it some more and the click tight panel is jammed again and i can't even open the seat.

given that britax customer service is closed i hope someone can give me insight on what to do next or if my car seat is faulty now :(

Thank you!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Do you unbuckle it first, before you try to open the ClickTight compartment? That's the best way to do it, and nearly always required.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Im not sure what they did. but when I look into the side of the seat the click tight bar that locks the seat that comes up looks like its jammed..

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If there is a lot of tension in the belt, it can be difficult to release the ClickTight mechanism. Sometimes, you not only have to release the seatbelt from the buckle first, but also have to ally some pressure downward on the compartment to get the knob to release it. I'm sure like any mechanism, it may have broken or completely jammed. If so, it should still be covered under warranty. Definitely give them a call when you can. Depending on the nature of the jam, you may still be able to install it with LATCH temporarily while you wait to hear from them.

Please let us know what happens!

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If you took parts of the seat apart and then reassembled it, I would be hesitant to use it. Definitely call Britax on Monday. Sometimes the Clicktight panels do wind up defective (it's possible for any seat to have an issue). They should take care of it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC