Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician

American Girl magazine deals?

Maybe a long shot, but does anyone know of any AG magazine deals? Or do you know if they traditionally have sales or coupon codes out around the holidays? A google search isn't turning up anything good and we'd like to get dd a subscription for Christmas. Thanks!
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: American Girl magazine deals?

DD has had an AG subscription for the past 2 years. I haven't ever seen a discount code other than the standard lower magazine price vs buying in stores. Oh, plus they include the Holiday edition along with the regular magazine subscription.

However, I highly recommend you go ahead and subscribe now instead of waiting on Christmas. Since it's Nov, you could possibly still receive the Holiday edition + the Nov/Dec magazine. Just make sure you talk to their 'operator' about it to confirm it. They arrived in the mail a few days before Halloween.
    12 year old dd ADORES her subscription and eagerly anticipates each bi-monthly arrival. She has collected and keeps every single one since she started it up.

hth
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

4. Thank You from:

Moderator - CPS Technician

We're getting all our Christmas shopping done before Advent begins, so unless I knew about a good price coming up, the plan was to get the subscription soon. I wouldn't have thought to call and ask what issue it will start with, though, so thanks for the tip!
    Cutie #1 (12 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Cosco Topside or Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (5 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (2 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

Not sure what prices you're seeing elsewhere, but it's $19.95/year on Amazon:

American Girl: Amazon.com: Magazines
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    Not sure what prices you're seeing elsewhere, but it's $19.95/year on Amazon:

American Girl: Amazon.com: Magazines
    That's the regular subscription price discounted.
    If you go through the AG Magazine website, the subscription there for $27 includes the 2 'special issues' of the Holiday + the Everyday Fun- Spring/Summer which run about $10 each + sales tax on the magazine stand.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.
    FWIW- I went with the 2 year option for $45 last year after dd had it for a single year as a gift from grandma. Next year, I"ll have to figure it out. Not looking forward to it, but maybe she'll still love them as much as she does now.

BTW, they're so 'expensive' because they don't accept any outside advertising within the magazine.
    My Munchkin -- Nov 2008--5 years, 45.5", 42lbs
    Current Stats: 12 years old /5'5/ 115lbs/ Seatbelt

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick

9. Thank You from: