SureLatch incompatibility?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Which vehicles' LATCH systems are incompatible with SureLatch connectors?

Hoping to crowd-source some info from folks with lots of experience with these seats (specifically the SecureKid DLX) in different cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks Kecia. I had trouble installing it in my Subaru with the buried lower anchors, but I am hoping I just wasn't doing it right. I didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot because the BBB employee was standing there waiting and I had two other seats to try out too.

Cnidaria

I've found that to be annoying about BBB, too. I SO prefer how BRU just has you leave your license and lets you have some quality time with the seat. :-D

cookie123

I had a Secure Kid in my Mazda Tribute and if I remember right it barely got tight enough. They latch anchors were fairly visible. I thought maybe if they were out further it wouldn't have worked.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Interesting! I received a Snugli harnessed booster (which I am going to be returning to Amazon due to it's condition) yesterday and tried it out in my Impreza. It fit great and I love the "true tether" indicator -- it definitely forced me to tighten the tether more than I would have thought was necessary if I was just guessing at it. The SureLatch wasn't as easy as I had hoped, though. I was able to get it tight, but I had to put all my weight into the seat and shove it several times and check it several times before I could get the retractors to retract enough. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the easiest install and definitely not the fastest that I've done.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I haven't seen that. Are you going to ff G?

Probably not. I was considering FF her just in her grandparents' car, but not until the baby outgrows the infant seat -- which will probably be when G is 3.5 years old. But I think I am just going to stick with convertibles or all-in-ones so that we can keep rear-facing her in all three cars until 4. I also am already getting tired of the infant seat and so I would rather get the baby out of the infant seat when we are ready rather than waiting until she actually outgrows it.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I just did Symphonys in two different model year Honda CRVs. Hated them both. I really am not a fan of SureLATCH. Grandma's car was one, and there was no way on god's green earth she would have been able to replicate the install. Mom could barely do it.

meljc

I just did Symphonys in two different model year Honda CRVs. Hated them both. I really am not a fan of SureLATCH. Grandma's car was one, and there was no way on god's green earth she would have been able to replicate the install. Mom could barely do it.

Weird. My in-laws and I always found the Symphony DLX to install really easily in our CR-Vs (2007 & 2013) and our nanny looooved it in various BMWs and Mercedes. We now have SecureKid DLXs and they install even easier.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician

Did you make sure to pull the anchors out away from the shell? They get caught under the lip of the shell and make it impossible to tighten. As long as I pull them free, I've never yet found a car it's hard to install in.

MelodyoftheForest

I have a 2006 Chevy HHR, and I loved the ease of install with the Symphony RF! I only tried it in my car at BRU because I wanted to play with the self-tightening connectors. Very neat! Good to know they don't always make it super easy, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC