Eeeek just lent out 3 of my seats to a STRANGER!!!

canadianmom2three

I so hope that I havn't been very very foolish...a guy on our freecycle was looking for 3 seats to transport some refugee children to a dental appointment. He had put it out there a couple times, so I finally emailed to say I would lend but not be able to give. I looked him up on the net and he is a fairly high profile member of our community so I hope he will be good to his word and bring them back:eek:. It was my dh's two hbturbo's and my confidence.....I am such a sucker sometimes!

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
It's scary lending out your seats! Hope he takes care of them and you get them back.

MomToEliEm

Hopefully since you did find out who he was and saw he was well known in your community, hopefully that means he won't run off with the boosters.

I would hate to think he would do something wrong and never return them. If he is doing them for the purpose he indicated, then he sounds like a great guy and I am glad he thought to use boosters when most probably wouldn't have even thought of it.

waterbaby

Next time, just as a precaution, I'd get a collateral check... for damage or non-return. Then, heaven forbid, he doesn't return them, then at least you have a starting point for recourse.

Hopefully you won't have to worry about it.

canadianmom2three

Well, he was good to his word, he was there just after I got home to drop them off AND they were actually cleaner than when he got them (I know cause I had to send him out to DH's work to pick up DH's turbos, and when we were out there on the weekend I remember seeing the one of them being FILTHY:eek:). Anyway, I'm just glad it all worked out!

brightredmtn

Aww that was so nice of you! If you found info on the man I'm sure he's on the up and up. You did a great thing to help these kids.

canadianmom2three

It was actually pretty funny, when he came to get the confidence he said, 'oh - I meant boosters, not a car seat'. I said 'what do you mean, this IS a booster'. He says, 'no, you know boosters, the things that look like little seats, with armrests' - he had NO idea that there was such a thing as a high back booster:p He was a very sweet older gentleman, and once I explained that this is just like a booster, only even better, he was happy enough.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I've lent out a Britax to a perfect stranger on 2 occasions. Once my RA at a car seat check and once my MA to a child at school. Both times I got the seat back no worse for wear.

I wouldn't dare lend out my Laptop however. I need that, and I can't replace it so I can't take the risk.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC