Advocate Click Tight on Airplane (Delta)

poompls

Hi guys,

We're traveling to southeast Asia in a couple weeks (Delta 20-hrs flight with 2 stops..domestic and international)....and I'm planing to bring our giant Advocate Click Tight for my daughter to sit in her own seat on the plane. I'm wondering if you have had any success with the fit, installing with the seat .. (rear facing).

and other question would be..I'm planning to buy Britax Travel cart to carry the carseat around the airport..Would the cart with the carseat on fit the plane aisle?

and If none if it above works...Should I purchase a smaller/lighter one just for this trip? and What would you recommend?

Sorry, I have so many questions..

Thank you so much for any suggestions! :)

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It'll fit front to back, since it has so many reclines allowed. And the travel cart sounds like a good idea. Because it's rear facing you won't really have to worry too much about the width, since that's at the shoulders.

Make sure you read up about how to install on a plane, since you won't be using the ClickTight compartment.

Wendy

U

uwskier25

I'm actually in the same boat as the OP. We're traveling from Seattle to Bangkok next week on Delta with our Advocate ClickTight, which we love! I had suspected the size would be a problem with respect to fit, but am I right that it wouldn't be?

Also, I read somewhere [unofficial] that the FAA recommends forward-facing for children >20 lbs. Does that sound right?

AllieK

You can RF any child as long as the car seat you have allows for that.

As for fitting the Advocate down the aisle of the plane, I don't see that happening. Neither our Maestro or Sureride would have fit down the aisle, they were too wide. DH had to hoist them over the tops of the seats (and other passengers' heads!) I'm glad we had light seats because that would have been a killer with a seat like the Clicktights!
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

for those of you that travelled with the britax click tight, did it end up fitting in the coach airplane seat ok?

brooksfamily

I've traveled with a Britax G3 and it fit rear facing with no issues in the seat, but it definitely came no wear close to fitting down the aisle on the cart. I had to hoist it up above the seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC