Scenara NEXT vs Scenara NEXT DLX?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
So on the Cosco website, there is a distinction in the descriptions of the Scenara NEXT seats vs the Scenara NEXT DLX seats. The DLX seats have an extra bit in the description of "soft, upgraded fabrics." All of the DLX seats are the solid color seats, while the regular seats are all the print seats.

http://www.coscokids.com/car-seats/...erar-next-dlx-convertible-car-seat-moon-mist/

On the Walmart website, though, there is no "DLX" -- both the solid color seats and the print seats have the same description.

In store, I have only ever found the OTTO print. It is smooth, almost silky, in the center and then kind of textured/felty on the sides.

Anyone have a solid color NEXT? Is it the smooth/silky fabric all over? Is it a totally different fabric? Is there more/different padding? Would you say that it is in any way more comfortable than the printed seats sold in store? It is about the same price, so I am just trying to figure out what differences to expect if I order a solid color one.

Any comparisons between the two would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

Holly

I have two of the blue ones and I love them.
I got one for my babysitter's car and I loved it so much that I sold the Myride we had in my husband's car to my sister and I got another one and still chose the blue.

I think the amount of padding is about the same. The solid colors may feel a little cushier, not sure.
I LOVE the fabric though. It's hard to describe. It's almost like a neoprene type texture, but not quite. It's kinda spongey.
It's really smooth and comfortable too.

Here are some pictures from a few days ago that I took to show the difference between the length of the standard crotch strap and the longer one they finally sent me. The longer one is definitely an improvement, but I still think it should be a tad longer.
This first picture is with the original strap, second with the longer one, and then the picture with the straps side by side.
I know you weren't asking about the straps, but I thought I'd throw that in.

20151028_112142_zpsndp8wf9v.jpg

20151028_112911_zps0hqwmssl.jpg

20151028_112354_zpskab1tcmf.jpg

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Holly, when you got your NEXT, you ordered it online, right? Did it still come in a plastic sleeve the way that they do in store? I am
looking at this as a potential "spare seat" that I am hoping will be able to live on a shelf in my garage. I have read that the ones you get online don't have the zippered plastic sleeve...

Holly

Holly, when you got your NEXT, you ordered it online, right? Did it still come in a plastic sleeve the way that they do in store? I am
looking at this as a potential "spare seat" that I am hoping will be able to live on a shelf in my garage. I have read that the ones you get online don't have the zippered plastic sleeve...

I got mine in August and I ordered them Site to store. They were just in a box, but no bag with them.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Thanks. One other question -- is the color of the sides of the blue seat a darker blue? Or is it black on the sides?

1mommy

My first thought when I read the title was "oh I wonder if they have the dlx latch now, as that'd be awesome". It'd be so nice to have a lightweight seat that would be easy to remove and move from car to car and occasionally indoors when your baby who has outgrown the infant seat needs to continue his nap...

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
O.M.G. It just arrived. I love it. I LOVE it! The "dlx" material is so much nicer than the ones they sell in stores. I installed it in my small car without even having to adjust the front seat (although, as compact as this seat is, I definitely wouldn't have been able to fit it with the level line parallel to the ground. I love that this one can be as upright as you like for an older child!)

Holly, I love the blue! Until I saw your pictures, I hadn't considered anything but the green. I am so happy with the blue -- and maybe I will get another one in green!

I can't believe how inexpensive this seat is! It's so stinking beautiful!

Holly

I'm glad you love it! I really love mine too!
I agree that the blue is beautiful and the feel of the fabric is great too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC