2011+ Toyota Sienna

katymyers

Just how terrible is the 8 passenger version of this? I don't need copious amounts of top tether anchors so that is not an issue for me at all. Tell me about the second row jump seat, or whatever they call it. I *think* I could theoretically get the right rear facing seat installed there without too many problems but I don't want to assume and be wrong, what about a possible booster there? Josh really likes the Sienna over other minivans and they seem to be priced lower than Odysseys of similar mileage and year range which makes them appealing. I also know that their reliability over the years has been consistently quite good. We're looking at putting a huge chunk of our savings into buying a new van next year and I want to get something I could realistically own for the next ten years, Josh and I are both doing a great deal of research on it because of this reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It's very comparable to the 2005-2010 Ody 8th seat. However it does have plastic hinge covers that cause problems with a few seats that would work otherwise. Some rf convertibles may work there though. Bubblebum fits, and kids 5 step early in it.

katymyers

I assumed it would be similar in size to the previous generation Odyssey plus one seat. With the hinges, do seats that kind of flare up from the bottom so the end of the seat pan hits the back of the vehicle seat rather than the bottom being flush against the seat bite work better? Like baseless infant seats? Or would seats that need pool noodles work better than others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kam1011

I have one but I've never been able to get a carseat in the 8th seat. The problem is that the 8th seat sits lower in between the two captains chairs, so if you put a seat there, it usually wont squish between the captains chairs and, if it does, you can't successfully check for movement.

We do use the 8th seat all the time, however, with bigger kids. It's pretty easy to pop in and out once you get the hang of it and it's really convenient. Supposedly the Topside works in there.

If you are going to have six carseats and you absolutely need that seating position, I'd go with a different vehicle. For me, it works and I love my van.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC