coat for carseat

lpperry

Where are the best coats for a toddler in carseats this year? Oliver and Claudia have thin down ones from Land's End that are perfect. They are warm, but thin and they can wear them buckled in the car. Land's End doesn't have any little ones.

I am looking for one for Vivian. I bought a Columbia Omniheat in the smallest size (2T) at their outlet store, but it was so huge, I had to return it. She wears size 18 months. I'd rather get 2T so she could wear it next year, but it has to be a normal 2T, not whatever that Columbia one was. That fit my 3 1/2 year old. Vivian has a light weight NorthFace jacket that is 2T that fits her. It isn't warm enough for the winter though.

Where should I look? NorthFace and Patagonia are out--too expansive. The NF one we have was passed on to us from a friend.

ADS

rin2809

Unfortunately, my experience and advice may not be too helpful for that small of a size, but wanted to throw it out there just in case.

We absolutely LOVE my son's L.L. Bean Puff and Stuff Jacket! Living in MN, it is good for in and out of the vehicle and running errands. We keep a thick Columbia coat around for playing outside and times when the car seat isn't a factor. He used it all winter without an issue with the cold. The only downside is, looking at the website, they may not make it for toddler sizes this year. My son is super tall, so was able to fit into the Boys XS at 2 since it has nice elastic at the sleeves and stays put well. He will still fit in it this year as well.

You may have good luck looking on eBay for the Patagonia or North Face if you know exactly what you are looking for. I have also heard really good things about the Snozu jackets from Costco in seats, but not sure how low those go for sizes.

cookie123

Unfortunately, my experience and advice may not be too helpful for that small of a size, but wanted to throw it out there just in case.

We absolutely LOVE my son's L.L. Bean Puff and Stuff Jacket! Living in MN, it is good for in and out of the vehicle and running errands. We keep a thick Columbia coat around for playing outside and times when the car seat isn't a factor. He used it all winter without an issue with the cold. The only downside is, looking at the website, they may not make it for toddler sizes this year. My son is super tall, so was able to fit into the Boys XS at 2 since it has nice elastic at the sleeves and stays put well. He will still fit in it this year as well.

You may have good luck looking on eBay for the Patagonia or North Face if you know exactly what you are looking for. I have also heard really good things about the Snozu jackets from Costco in seats, but not sure how low those go for sizes.

I had to get a 4 for Griffin and the arms are really long. I don't think it was available in T sizes.

There's another thread if you scroll down.

lpperry

The Gap Primaloft looks good. They have it in 18-24 months and that should fit, plus there is a 40% off online coupon code. I am worried about buying it and it not fitting because shipping is $7. I ordered 2 jackets on Amazon with free returns. If those don't fit (2T), I am going to try the Gap one. And my friends are on the look out for the Costco Snozu one.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC