Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Which car?

CPS Technician

Which car?

My dad is looking for a new car to replace his Camry.

He must have remote start, navigation, and AWD. He wants to spend <$30k

He was looking at the Chrysler 200. It looks like the Subaru Legacy or Impreza, Ford Fushion or Taurus, and the Dodge Charger all fit his criteria.

Does anyone have any experience with these vehicles?

He commutes about 2 hours a day and regularly has my niece in a booster with him as well as other adults in the back seat, so space is somewhat important.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I'd scratch the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge - reliability wise they completely suck.

I'd take a good look at the Subaru Legacy as AWD is standard, fuel economy is good, reliability, safety, and resale value are all excellent.

I'd put the Fusion in 2nd place as its a good choice, but finding one with the optional AWD could be difficult.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

Carseat Crazy
    I drove a Taurus as a loaner car for several weeks last fall. It was a very comfortable car to drive and was easy to drive. It also has the biggest trunk I've ever seen. If I never or rarely drove more than my one child and one extra, it would likely be my next car. However, I frequently have 2-3 spare kids, so I need my third row for the time being.
    Mama to Josie (4/08, 47lbs & 49"), retriever-cat Hotrod, munchkin-cat Gizmo, and hell-cat Leggs.