Which car?

kdkm

My dad is looking for a new car to replace his Camry.

He must have remote start, navigation, and AWD. He wants to spend <$30k

He was looking at the Chrysler 200. It looks like the Subaru Legacy or Impreza, Ford Fushion or Taurus, and the Dodge Charger all fit his criteria.

Does anyone have any experience with these vehicles?

He commutes about 2 hours a day and regularly has my niece in a booster with him as well as other adults in the back seat, so space is somewhat important.

Thanks!

ADS

SavsMom

I'd scratch the Chrysler 200 and the Dodge - reliability wise they completely suck.

I'd take a good look at the Subaru Legacy as AWD is standard, fuel economy is good, reliability, safety, and resale value are all excellent.

I'd put the Fusion in 2nd place as its a good choice, but finding one with the optional AWD could be difficult.

kathysr98

I drove a Taurus as a loaner car for several weeks last fall. It was a very comfortable car to drive and was easy to drive. It also has the biggest trunk I've ever seen. If I never or rarely drove more than my one child and one extra, it would likely be my next car. However, I frequently have 2-3 spare kids, so I need my third row for the time being.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC