Booster height limit guidelines in Canada

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
I'm working on switching a booster decal I sell into metric and I'm not sure what the typical practice is. If I use the line "Use a booster until the child is 4' - 9" would Canadians readily understand that, or do they go by another guide? i.e "Use a booster until the child is 1.5 meters tall"

Help!

ADS

jacqui276

Even though we technically learn in metric here, when referring to height Canadians seem to still think in feet/inches. Whenever I measure people in meters/cm or kg, everyone wants it converted to feet/inches and pounds so that they can understand the measurement.

featherhead

Even though we technically learn in metric here, when referring to height Canadians seem to still think in feet/inches. Whenever I measure people in meters/cm or kg, everyone wants it converted to feet/inches and pounds so that they can understand the measurement.

Exactly! I think there are some Canadians that actually think of height in cm, but I think most of us still do that in feet/inches.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Most of our labelling shows both metric and imperial units. I'd do both as I know Canadians that imperial is not an easy conversion in their head.

ETA: also our laws vary greatly per province

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can not car seat in metric. At all. Most adults would think in Imperial from my experience. However, if you want to do both then 145cm is likely more commonly known than 1.5m.

Keeanh

Yes, we would have both on our labels. We're "officially" metric, but everyone uses imperial in real life. The exception would be distances where we use kilometres because that's what our signs & odometers use. I'm good at conversions in my head, but would rather just see pounds & feet/inches on the stickers ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC