Wow! BRU baby gear redesign!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I went to BRU today and they had completely redesigned their car seat and stroller area. Instead of one level of shelves and boxes of seats above and below, they had two rows of seats over a much bigger area and little slips you would take to the cashier for the actual box to buy.

As a result, they had WAY more seats at my BRU than they used to. Not only Tranzitions and Kidfit Zip and some of the other new seats, but other seats that they had had as online-only before or hadn't previously stocked (like they had one of the Clek convertibles, the Milestone...). Awesome! I tried out the Pria 85 and the milestone in my car. I really wanted to try the Clek just for funsies, but my infant decided to start screaming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

jjordan

Nice! BRU is far away from here so I rarely go. I wonder if it's all BRU stores or just some? I think Jools mentioned changes at her location too.

disbugsmomma

I wonder if Toys R Us changed too? I may have to check. My nearest BRU is about 45 minutes away, but there's a TRU that I pass on my way to work.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Cool, isn't it? Our district manager told US we were the ONLY people getting it first...liar liar pants on fire! No matter, the more gear, the merrier! :D
Nice to see all those seats IRL, isn't it?!?!
Well, for people like us it's nice, for most of my normal customers, it's even more anxiety-provoking than our old 'way too many choices I just want the safest seat' lineup was.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Cool, isn't it? Our district manager told US we were the ONLY people getting it first...liar liar pants on fire! No matter, the more gear, the merrier! :D

Nice to see all those seats IRL, isn't it?!?!

Well, for people like us it's nice, for most of my normal customers, it's even more anxiety-provoking than our old 'way too many choices I just want the safest seat' lineup was.

Maybe you're the first in your district?

It is really cool -- I just wish they had the coccoro! They have so many other seats that were previously online-only...I was hopeful that I might see a coccoro, but no...

I think I am starting to get a reputation at my BRU as the lady who tries out car seats...they should just put a little box on the counter for me to drop off my driver's license when I walk in the door. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Though if you live where I think I remember you do, your store was on the list to get it at about the same time. Yeah, maybe he actually meant 'district'...I'm waiting for other stores to have field trips to mine to see it, lol.
He's 'walking' our store this morning, first day I'm off after a 12 days, and I'm not going in to ask him why they took away some of our travel system space, and why they gave us no place to put all the bases. It's a mess right now, bases propped on travel systems? Stupid looking! I hope there's a planned solution we've somehow missed.
It's also a disaster that all the stock is in the back and someone has to go find it. Our stock guns seem to work at random intervals, the 'pull tickets' don't match up to the stock numbers we have, and our stock room is not quite big enough for the new demands placed on it. Currently it looks like an episode of Hoarders: Warehouse Edition, so it's kind of hard to get ladders moved around to get things from top shelves. Fortunately most people are fairly forgiving and happy to buy replacement products (we got 48(!!!) Go and Grows, but 1(?) Contender) or order online (free shipping!)

Whew, that was a vent :eek: It's all gonna be worth it in the end when kinks are straightened. I LOVE getting to play with all the new seats!

rin2809

I ended up going to a different BRU in our area than I usually stop to exchange a seat over the weekend and noticed the same thing! It was like Car Seat nerd heaven!! Unfortunately I had my parents, DH and almost 3 year old with me and we were rushing to an appointment. So going back when I can to play, even if I promised my DH that we now own all of the car seats that we will need to get through both of our kids (other than HBB much later).

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
I hope our store changes soon (The store itself is only 2 years old). I feel like the car seat and stroller section is severely lacking. There are a lot of seats that aren't on display.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC