Need New Seats

AllieK

We need new seats for MIL's vehicle. DS is on the last harness slot in the Maestro & DD is nearing the 36" height limit for RF in the AOE. I mostly need suggestions for DS' seat. He was 45" & 43lbs last time we measured. Size 6 shirt (long torso). I'd like to harness him until age 5 at the least.

I'm thinking the Nautilus won't last very long, will it? I don't really want to spend the money on another Frontier but I will if I have to. I like the idea of getting a Sureride then a dedicated booster down the road. Would a Milestone or 4Ever be worth the investment at this point? Are the new combo Graco seats, the Atlas & Tranzitions good for big/tall kiddos?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Atlas is just a Nautilus that doesn't become backless, but it's possible the Tranzitions is a little taller since it's a whole new shell. Looks like 18 per the blog... http://carseatblog.com/34386/graco-transzitions-3-in-1-harness-booster-preview/
So, 'on the last slot' of the Maestro...is he AT the last slot? Isn't that seat about 17? Trying to gauge growing room, as a Nautilus may also be tall enough, too. The one with the 80 pound limit, it had been the Argos Elite, now it probably is Nauti Elite or something, has a farther out crotch strap, while the models with 65lbs limits has very tight straps (meaning, even if his shoulders fit, his boy parts might be squooshed enough for him to rebel :eek:)
Our BRU just got the Tranzitions, if you are near one, you could call and see if they have it yet.

AllieK

I don't think the Tranzitions will be big enough.

I should probably get a seated shoulder height. His shoulders are above the 2nd to highest slots and about even with or slightly below the highest slot on the Maestro.

DH has a nautilus in his truck for DS and I need to move the harness up on that seat as well so I will check how much growing room he has left. I would definitely need the one with the further out crotch strap though.

AllieK

I found the Maestro lost a lot of room when installed compared to the Nautilus, it might give you more room than you think... Let me find my pics- see here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=243565

Yes, you're totally right, DS is still on the 2nd to highest harness slot in the Nautilus so we've got a bit more growing room there. After reading that post I ordered another Sureride for DS to use when the Maestro is outgrown, thanks! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

AllieK

So this is DS in the Nautilus, you can see the second to highest and highest harness slots above his shoulder: Picture 1
Any guess as to how much longer he has until it's outgrown? I am trying to gauge if I should buy another one, or just invest in another Frontier.

Keeyamah

Most kids grow about an inch of torso height a year and the Nautilus has 18" (?) top slots. I don't know where the second to highest are, but since those are still above, I'd guess at least 1-1.5 yrs depending on is bum-to-shoulder height right now, if that make sense.

Edited because I took a better look at the picture.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC