RFing True fit and Mazda 5 third row

Dillipop

Before I move seats all over the place, does it work with enough room in the second row for a booster kid or a kid recently 5 stepping? Baby is still under 22 pound and may fit without the headrest.

ADS

jasminegrl

I tried to put that seat in the 3rd row RF once, I gave up and bought a spare instead. It was a friends seat when i was watching her son on a regular basis. I basically had to move the middle seat as far forward as it would go to get the correct recline and I wasn't comfortable with that.

Aurezalia

I was going to offer to run out and check since I don't have anything in my third row... and then I remembered my car is at the mechanic. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure off the top of my head because I've never tried to put it there, and I'm not sure enough about it to say it'd work without trying it. If it could touch I would say yes for sure, but I'm trying to think and all the RF seats I've put back there or seen others put back there could touch. I KNOW a Coccoro works, but I'm not sure that helps, haha!

Dillipop

I tried to put that seat in the 3rd row RF once, I gave up and bought a spare instead. It was a friends seat when i was watching her son on a regular basis. I basically had to move the middle seat as far forward as it would go to get the correct recline and I wasn't comfortable with that.

Thanks. Did you try it with or without the headrest? And which recline were you using? DS is 5+ mos and has good head control so could maybe be more upright.

I was going to offer to run out and check since I don't have anything in my third row... and then I remembered my car is at the mechanic. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure off the top of my head because I've never tried to put it there, and I'm not sure enough about it to say it'd work without trying it. If it could touch I would say yes for sure, but I'm trying to think and all the RF seats I've put back there or seen others put back there could touch. I KNOW a Coccoro works, but I'm not sure that helps, haha!

I actually had a coccoro for a few weeks before finding a $100 nextfit.

I currently have a nextfit back there. My problem comes from the fact that my dd hates that her shoulders are almost touching in the foonf and I am hoping to use the nextfit for her in the mazda ffing and more the frontier to my van. The foonf could be an option as well but I don't want to get the infant thingy, so if I could put it off a few months, it would be better.

I used a Myride for a couple of months.

Thanks for the suggestion but I hate the myride and was quite joyous when I sold the one we had last year. If I can't get the truefit to work, I'll try our foonf. Or make dd use the foonf a little longer and tell her to suck it up.

Dillipop

So my big issue is that dd is complaining about the foonf being too small. She is 42ish inches tall and about 43 lbs and her shoulders are not too far below the top slots. I think she hits the wings with her shoulders when she shrugs even though she has some room.

So, we currently have a frontier 85 ffing and a nextfit rfing in the third row of the 5 for dd and ds3. DS1 5 steps in the middle row and ds2 is in a backless booster. I prefer to keep them there as they are skinny kids and the shoulder belt doesn't touch in the third row.

In our Sienna, I have a frontier 90 ffing for my niece, a foonf for dd, and a combi shuttle for ds3. Also a highback booster for carpool kid/dd/niece when I've got 3 kiddos. And a couple backless boosters for whoever needs them.

In addition to the seats listed, I also have the truefit.

I don't know what i'm looking for but i prefer not to buy another seat unless I can find a classic marathon or RA50 with a couple years left.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC