Radian wings bumming me out

macasa

So, I have loved my 2 Radians for extended RF. My son is 5 now, about 50# and 50" tall. I have him FF in the Radian RXT and the stinkin' headwings fall down no matter what I do (I have done the adjustment on the back per Diono, doesn't help) but at this point he is complaining they are bothering his shoulders. The height limit FF is 57" for the Radian, I'm not sure what kid except an extremely leggy one would be able to stay in the Radian that long because of the head wings/ shoulder height.

I'm just bummed! Venting I guess. Luckily I can use the 2 Radians for my next child once she's old enough.

ADS

Keeyamah

Most seats are outgrown before the stated height limit because of shoulder height. The majority of seats, the Radian happens to be an exception, have a limit of shoulders under the top harness slots. Even seats like the Evenflo Sureride with its 19" harness slots are outgrown that way, before stated height or weight.

macasa

I hope that with future models Diono will fix the head wing issue, at least to the point where they stay where you put them. Even better, how great would it be if they were removable?

The good news is that my son is 5 and a half, tall and mature for his age, so I think we are ready for booster training in a high back booster. I am going to go with a Britax Parkway SGL.

Keeyamah

I doubt they'll make them removable, since they offer a version without headwings. I've got two RXT's and one slides down and one doesn't. I haven't tried to tighten up the one that slides because I'm using it for my goddaughter and she needs them all the way down.

lourdes

I have the same issue, DD is 7 and we use it when she is too hyper but she keeps complaining about the headwinds, I did the adjustment but didn't help

bnsnyde

I tried to tighten it and it didn't help. They kept slipping and then would pull the harness below his shoulders (he was only 3.5 but tall). So I gave up and we got another seat for FF.

littleangelfire

My RXT hasn't been in use long, but I actually can't move the dumb headwings, lol. I knew I probably should've chosen the version without them. I'd like to move them up but the only time I've been able to actually move them it was on accident.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC