Talk to Me About the CA65...

AllieK

I'm trying to get MIL to trade in the AOE she uses for DD but she has some strange attachment to the thing. :rolleyes: I was hoping to get the SureRide to replace the AOE but MIL isn't crazy about the high sides on the SureRide. She picked out the Complete Air 65 but I don't know much about the seat. Is this a good choice? I'd like to RF to 40lbs and my kiddos are on the tall side, although DD has been running about the 60th percentile - currently about 25lbs & 33", so I don't think she'll be the giant her brother is.

How is the harness adjustment on the CA65?
Easy or difficult to install? MIL has a RAV4 & the seat would live in her car.
Will Dorel provide harness pads/covers if I contact them, like Evenflo has done for the SureRide?

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The CA 65 is a lot like an Alpha Elite 65 with a couple of key differences: It lacks the horrible booster mode, it doesn't have annoying arm rests, and most models don't have that horrid reclining base which ironically makes it harder to install.

I would say "if you like the AOE you'll love the CA65." And frankly if you hate the AOE you still have a chance of liking the CA65.

I was able to get Dorel approved harness pads for mine. They only had black available. They were very cheap.

The basic shell is based on the AOE and the head rest adjustment mechanism is identical.

It rear faces to 40" standing height and it has a range of allowable recline options for kids over 22 lbs. Forward facing, the top harness position is about 17.5-18" so very generous for a convertible.

I like mine overall. It's not the easiest RF install but it's not the worst. And FF it is very straightforward.

katymyers

I like mine quite a bit. It lives in my MIL's car permanently now and she really likes it as well. It's actually one of the few convertibles I actually really like forward facing and it did get my oldest to 40 lbs rear facing. The install isn't terrible, pool noodles help but they're not a must. I'd buy another as a seat for a secondary vehicle if I needed one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kobain's Mommy

I currently have 2 CA65s as back up seats/sitter seats for my kids. I've had a total of 6 since DS was 6 months and they came out. I sold 3 when my kids became FFing one and we got FRs for primary cars. And one was in a crash, but replaced by my son's current back up. We like the seats and have used them as primary seats in the past.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC