help finding a water bottle

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm looking for a stainless steel water bottle that is around 700ml (24oz I think that is?). Easy right? Except I don't want: double walled/insulation, straw, autoseal lid, spout lid or screw off lid. I just want a lid that flips up and then you have a large hole you can drink out of. A super bonus is if the lid flipped up and your lips touched stainless steel instead of plastic but I already seem to be looking for a unicorn or pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so I don't expect to be able to find my bonus. ;)

We've got one now that I am okay with how the lid works, BUT it's too small. Getting a second isn't an option as this one is a few years old and the new versions seem to be aluminum not stainless steel and whatever coating they use inside makes the water taste disgusting. And, if two water bottles go to school, one is definitely not going to make it home.

Here's a pic of the lid of what we have now so you get an idea of what I'm looking for. Doesn't have to be the same as this, but the same idea.

bottle_lid.jpg

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Contigo makes them. Our Costco has them.

The only Contigo ones our Costco has have the stupid auto seal lid. They may have had one with a flip lid awhile back but it was double walled. And Contigo's site doesn't show anything without an autoseal lid.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
On phone, can't google much or link but see if the camelbak chute spout fits on the metal eddy bottle. Or take the straw out of the eddy for the bite valve (I never put the straws in my contigos or camelbaks anymore, they work fine that way fwiw)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
On phone, can't google much or link but see if the camelbak chute spout fits on the metal eddy bottle. Or take the straw out of the eddy for the bite valve (I never put the straws in my contigos or camelbaks anymore, they work fine that way fwiw)

I'll email them and ask. That Chute lid would be acceptable (even though I'd actually like a wider opening, but it would do). We do have bottles with silicone spouts that have straws and we pull the straws, but I really prefer not to have a spout at all and just something to drink out of more similar to a regular cup or pop bottle.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Amazon says yes to it fitting other camelbaks, so that's a plus. Heartratemonitorsusa.com had the cheapest uninsulated eddys.
Anyway good luck, my cupboard is overfilled with not quite right bottles...

sirrahn

They are kind of hard to find in stores, but Rubbermaid chug bottles are mostly what you want. They are plastic, but don't seem to make water taste funny. We have some that are softer plastic and other "designer" ones that are hard and have a rubber grip. They are my favorites to drink from, just an open hole with a flip cap. No insulation or funny parts to deal with either.

I think the smaller ones are 20oz and I have a couple that are 32oz as well.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Amazon says yes to it fitting other camelbaks, so that's a plus. Heartratemonitorsusa.com had the cheapest uninsulated eddys.
Anyway good luck, my cupboard is overfilled with not quite right bottles...

Awesome! Thank you for looking that up! I'll check that site for Eddy's, although typically ordering anything from the USA kills us on shipping and then duties/taxes so I may have to look for something in Canada. I may just have to suck up paying too much and buying an entire plastic bottle just to get the lid to use on the stainless bottle. ;)

And yes, we also have a cupboard full of water bottles that aren't quite right for anyone in the family. Sigh. Sure glad I saved the environment by buying reusable water bottles. Haha! :p

bubbaray

Thermos makes them. Also I think Kleen Kanteen sells that kind of lid. And yeah, I have the rubbermaid Chug ones (along with a few million stainless bottles) and they are my go-to because of the loop thingy

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Thermos makes them. Also I think Kleen Kanteen sells that kind of lid. And yeah, I have the rubbermaid Chug ones (along with a few million stainless bottles) and they are my go-to because of the loop thingy

Kleen Kanteen has a flip lid but it's only for their insulated bottles. Those Rubbermaid ones would work if they just made the darn things in stainless steel!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They are kind of hard to find in stores, but Rubbermaid chug bottles are mostly what you want. They are plastic, but don't seem to make water taste funny. We have some that are softer plastic and other "designer" ones that are hard and have a rubber grip. They are my favorites to drink from, just an open hole with a flip cap. No insulation or funny parts to deal with either.

I think the smaller ones are 20oz and I have a couple that are 32oz as well.

We aren't worried about the taste from plastic, it's plastic's properties in general that I don't like. I don't even like the plastic lid on my kid's stainless bottle. But the Chug lids are kind of what I want. I don't actually want a small hole, I just want the damn lid to flip up and expose a larger area to drink from, but Chug hole size would be acceptable if the darn bottle was stainless steel.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
http://www.amazon.ca/Miir-LLC-Mi-600ml-Orange/dp/B00UTM9ZSW

It looks to be just a basic open top , similar in style to a kleen kanteen but it's only single walled

ETA: sorry I just seen you want a flip cup! Maybe a flip lid would fit on this? They do sell other kids but none are flip tops.

Ya, screw off works for me, just not for the kid I need it for. She's this kid that gets super overheated and practically passes out due to how hot she is so she needs water fast at some points and would get into a panic if she had to unscrew something.

Keeks64

Ya, screw off works for me, just not for the kid I need it for. She's this kid that gets super overheated and practically passes out due to how hot she is so she needs water fast at some points and would get into a panic if she had to unscrew something.

What about a glass bottle? The life factory has a flip top one and it's pretty decent. I have 2 or 3 of them as I like them & find they don't taste weird like stainless. Heavier bottle but I've never broken mine & dropped it lots lol

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What about a glass bottle? The life factory has a flip top one and it's pretty decent. I have 2 or 3 of them as I like them & find they don't taste weird like stainless. Heavier bottle but I've never broken mine & dropped it lots lol

I don't think glass will work for TechnoKid. Her stainless bottle is super dented so I don't think glass would survive. We do have glass bottles for the older folks in the family though and love them. The older folks also use stainless and none of us find it to taste weird.

sirrahn

We aren't worried about the taste from plastic, it's plastic's properties in general that I don't like. I don't even like the plastic lid on my kid's stainless bottle. But the Chug lids are kind of what I want. I don't actually want a small hole, I just want the damn lid to flip up and expose a larger area to drink from, but Chug hole size would be acceptable if the darn bottle was stainless steel.
I think the chug lids are standard wide mouth size. They fit on other bottles we have, one of which is stainless. Might be worth a shot if nothing else pans out. GL!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC