How much longer do you think he has?

beetlemama

I know you get these questions a lot, so throwing mine in too! My son is 2 years 7 months, 39.2 lbs (in shorts and a t shirt, shoes and diaper, no sweatshirt but that will be added soon) and 37.5" I think. He's in a radian xtsl.
2nuln6e.jpg

Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

beetlemama

Thanks! It does look to be about 2" when I use a 1" book. I was hoping maybe I was measuring wrong or something, but I guess not. He's wearing a 4T shirt and is on the 2nd from top slots, so I guess that's about right. Gah, fingers crossed he makes it through his birthday in February I guess lol! I feel really weird turning a 2 year old, but was not fond of the complete air 65+ or whatever it was (the one that goes to 49"/50 lb RF).

I think we're going with a frontier since I suspect he'll need the full height of that to get to safe booster maturity (at 15 if his maturity at 2 is any indication...).

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Ha ha. The good news is 2 is a long way from 15. He might surprise you. ;)

It's that or a Fllo, but I'm honestly not sure how much more seated height a Fllo (or Foonf) gets you than a Radian.

beetlemama

Ha ha. The good news is 2 is a long way from 15. He might surprise you. ;)

It's that or a Fllo, but I'm honestly not sure how much more seated height a Fllo (or Foonf) gets you than a Radian.

I was looking at the fllo and feel like it seemed to not give a ton more seated height than the radian, although I don't remember exactly what I'm basing that on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I have had zero Foonf love, but I tried a Fllo for the first time this week and adored it. So weird! Of course now I want :/ Anyways, I want to say I concur with you, but I wonder if that's because they have the same standing height limits? I'm trying to think how much room NannyBaby had in the Fllo over the Radian - I want to say it was a bit more, but not several hundred dollars' worth more, know what I mean?

ETA: Per our measurement forum, it has an inch more. Could equal a year, more if he sprouts legs (because to echo jjordan, holy cow monster torso!) But it would be zero percent unreasonable to turn him forward once he grows that half-inch in the Radian!

beetlemama

I have had zero Foonf love, but I tried a Fllo for the first time this week and adored it. So weird! Of course now I want :/ Anyways, I want to say I concur with you, but I wonder if that's because they have the same standing height limits? I'm trying to think how much room NannyBaby had in the Fllo over the Radian - I want to say it was a bit more, but not several hundred dollars' worth more, know what I mean?

ETA: Per our measurement forum, it has an inch more. Could equal a year, more if he sprouts legs (because to echo jjordan, holy cow monster torso!) But it would be zero percent unreasonable to turn him forward once he grows that half-inch in the Radian!
That makes sense! I think I had figured out that it looked like a year or less longer RF than the radian and decided against it because of that. If I had been buying a new convertible for him when he outgrew his infant bucket it probably would have been a clek, but since his sister outgrew the radian FF before he needed it I had it to pass down. Now I'm not sure an extra year of RF at his age would be worth it when he likely will also benefit from the extra FF time a frontier will give.
Posted via Mobile Device

lgenne

I'm about 9 months behind you with a giant, long 10 month old. I'm not a fan of the Safety 1st beast, either. I have a TWE that will last a good long time for him in one vehicle, and I'm mostly crossing my fingers that:

1) The Safety 1st seat will be improved in at least one way (harness pads) and hopefully at least one more (better colors!)
2) Some competitor will come up with another high weight/height ERF seat before he outgrows what we have.

beetlemama

I'm about 9 months behind you with a giant, long 10 month old. I'm not a fan of the Safety 1st beast, either. I have a TWE that will last a good long time for him in one vehicle, and I'm mostly crossing my fingers that:

1) The Safety 1st seat will be improved in at least one way (harness pads) and hopefully at least one more (better colors!)
2) Some competitor will come up with another high weight/height ERF seat before he outgrows what we have.
I was definitely hoping someone else would get one with similar limits to market! Too late for me lol but fingers crossed for all us parents of minter babies! It's hard. I realize intellectually that a FF 3 year old in a properly installed and used seat is very safe, but emotionally I'm scared to turn him.
Posted via Mobile Device

jacqui276

DS fit similarly in his radian at that age. He is a year older than your son and even though we had to switch him to ffing at 2yrs 10 mo because he outgrew the weight limit and was very close to outgrowing the height limit, he thankfully sprouted legs so still fits in his radian! He is in size 6 shirts and we have about a half inch of torso height left before his shoulders are above the top slots. I'm sort of just crossing my fingers that he stops growing until he reaches booster maturity!

beetlemama

DS fit similarly in his radian at that age. He is a year older than your son and even though we had to switch him to ffing at 2yrs 10 mo because he outgrew the weight limit and was very close to outgrowing the height limit, he thankfully sprouted legs so still fits in his radian! He is in size 6 shirts and we have about a half inch of torso height left before his shoulders are above the top slots. I'm sort of just crossing my fingers that he stops growing until he reaches booster maturity!

Unfortunately I can't seem to get a FF radian installed to my satisfaction in his seat (captain's chair in a 2014 sienna) so turning around will out of necessity mean a new seat. So we'll do a frontier no matter what there :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC