Hard to get kids in & out of car... especially with seatbelts!

MsFacetious

:eek: This made me laugh and I figured only you guys would understand. lol

We are arranging to see the great grandparents tomorrow night for Halloween. They live less than a half a mile apart... so I asked whether Paternal grandma wanted to meet at Maternal grandparents house or if we should come to hers seperately. They are good friends, both come to the other's Christmas parties, ect.

She said: "Hi Chelsae....That's fine. Whatever is best for you. Especially if it's easier for you to just take the girls out of the car once, I can meet you.

Chelsae....I want to do what's easiest for you. It would be nice for the girls to become familiar with my home but I've had little children so I know it can be trying to get them in and out of the car....especially with seat belts."

I sat there for a minute... like huh?! :eek: :confused: I was like... with seatbelts as opposed to not using seatbelts?

Then it occured to me that she is almost 80, there is a good chance they didn't have seatbelts when she had little kids. I know my 96 year old Grandpa had to have them installed in his car.

This Grandmother also had some pretty outdated notions about Down syndrome I have had to work to correct... hopefully that won't be a problem this time. :whistle:

But, either way it made me laugh. :whistle:

I'm just going to go to her house seperately. :) My girls climb in and out on their own so it's not too big of a deal to just buckle them in twice. :thumbsup:

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
LOL! I suppose those dang seatbelts would seem rather annoying if you started out riding around without them!

I remember reading a letter to the editor about seat belt laws a few months ago from a man who felt that the government was "stealing" his time by requiring him to wear a seat belt.

MsFacetious

Yeah adults are one thing, they can do what they want. lol If they kill themselves that's fine with me. But if they've got kids in the car, ect then that is a projectile hazard not to mention a bad example.

So yeah, that guy can save his time and I won't be worried about it. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, heck, my 59 year old mother had to have seatbelts installed in one of her cars... :D

It's cute that she knows and cares :)

MsFacetious

Yeah I agree. :) She has improved greatly from the "You have to put Ali in this church preschool, other schools won't take her because those children can't be potty trained or talk or walk" days....

Still a long way to go but I'll take what I can get. :) I use every time we see her as a chance to educate her a little more without being too pushy or anything. :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I remember reading a letter to the editor about seat belt laws a few months ago from a man who felt that the government was "stealing" his time by requiring him to wear a seat belt.

This seriously has me :ROTFLMAO:

Stealing his time? :confused::ROTFLMAO:

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I read an interesting article several years back about a man that was so mad about seatbelt laws passing. Well several years later he was killed in a minor motor vehicle accident. All the medical personal said if he had been wearing his seatbelt he would have survived with little to no injuries.

I agree I don't care what adults do in their own vehicle but in mine they will be restrained properly. I think it was 2yrs ago we had a motor vehicle crash here that had 4 occupants (all adults) 3 were restrained but 1 was not. That 1 unrestrained occupant killed all 3 restrained occupants but he lived but had major injuries. How could someone live the rest of their life knowning if they had taken the 2 seconds to buckle up they wouldn't have killed 3 of their friends.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
This seriously has me :ROTFLMAO:

Stealing his time? :confused::ROTFLMAO:

Seriously, he added up the seconds it was taking out of his day to buckle up...some people will go to insane lengths to prove the government is interfering with their lives... :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC