RECARO coming to Canada

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
The Performance Ride will be at BRU and Canadian Tire toward the end of October.

The Performance Sport and the booster will be here a month later or so. some time in January. I don't remember if this was my error or the dates have changed.

Last edited:
ADS

Chila88

I just saw the Performance Rude in the BRU flyer and almost crapped my pants....how did I miss this!!

Any more update on the booster release date? We're buying ODD a new HBB for her birthday at the end of Dec. Never imagined I'd be able to consider a Recaro!! Anyone know if it requires head rest support in Canada yet? (Or in the US?)
Posted via Mobile Device

Pixelated

I've been told January for the Performance Sport and Booster. I've also been told that the booster does not require a vehicle head restraint.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
What's the leg room like on their convertibles? I could be interested in one. And I'm also interested in the Sport if a convertible won't work out for me. AND I'm interested in the booster. Can the booster be used without a vehicle headrest?

BookMama

Senior Community Member
The Performance Booster doesn't require headrest support. :) I bet you'd like the seat - my 10YO commented yesterday (again!) that it's her favorite seat ever.

tam_shops

When you said October you weren't kidding. Just saw one at CT and was wondering what the story was! Is it a well liked seat? It's not even on their website yet.

tam

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Leg room on the Recaro convertibles is really really small.

They can be good for older kids with special needs (CP for instance) but that's about all I ever recommend the convertibles for.

Love the booster. Don't really have strong feelings for the combination.

SnoGurl

Leg room on the Recaro convertibles is really really small.

They can be good for older kids with special needs (CP for instance) but that's about all I ever recommend the convertibles for.

Love the booster. Don't really have strong feelings for the combination.

Don't quote me, but pretty sure that with the bolsters Recaro had to add to pass rebound up here, the leg room is better.
Posted via Mobile Device

geekKT

Leg room on the Recaro convertibles is really really small. They can be good for older kids with special needs (CP for instance) but that's about all I ever recommend the convertibles for. Love the booster. Don't really have strong feelings for the combination.

Thank you! I should really consider keeping a second booster around so I'll make sure to peek at this one sometime.

Pixelated

Canadian review here: http://vicarseattechs.com/2015/ride-with-recaro-review/

Notable differences from the US version (as far as I know):

- our infant insert is two pieces and the under-bum part is substantial
- harness can be above the shoulders for babies provided the harness can be tightened sufficiently and child is over 5lbs
- dual recline lines for RF: 5-12lbs, and 13-35lbs
- 35lb RF weight limit
- cup holders are integrated into bolsters that are needed to pass out anti-rebound requirements, but also result in more leg room RF (but less clearance once FF)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC