Sure Ride twisted straps

bnsnyde

Ug. Our Sure Ride straps are always twisted.
I ordered harness pads to see if that helps, but they twist mostly at the lap part. It's like they were meant to be twisted. With a lot of TLC I can get them to work OK, but not before 4 YO FREAKS OUT with my helping him.

I am not liking this. I have never seen such twisty straps!
Seat also leans to one side (a bit) in the back of our Odyssey due to the slope of the Odyssey seats, I think, in any position back there.

Mostly it's a vent that I can't stand the straps. I wonder if others have this problem. (I can sync up the crooked continuous harness OK, but the twisty straps are out to get us!).

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Might order a new harness, that might help. Sometimes after enough complaints, a company will change things, like narrowing the hole in the buckle tongues so there's no way for the strap to twist in them (britax went from metal showing to tongues all dipped in plastic to narrow them and cause less fraying, for instance).

griffinej5

I couldn't stand that seat. My sister gave me hers, so I wouldn't have to keep taking someone else's seat when I was taking a kid with me. It was crashed, and I can't say I was sad. I used it to trade in at BRU for a graco clone.

AllieK

I'm loving our SureRide!! No issue with the straps, although I still have the harness on the shorter "baby" length (seat is RF) so maybe that helps keep them from twisting...? I also have the harness pads on there too. I had to use a towel for the install in my Malibu, maybe that would help with the slope in the Ody? The only thing I don't love about the seat is that waffle knit material on the sides. If I was a kid that stuff would send me over the edge! I guess I should be glad DD doesn't have my sensory issues. :p

But yeah, totally loving the seat! I voluntarily gave FIL my Boulevard just so I could use the SureRide full time in my car. DD is in a AOE in MIL's car and I'm thinking of buying another SureRide before the trade in is over so that DD can use it after she hits the 35lb limit on the AOE.

kookaburra

I rarely have twisted straps with mine, although I tend to check for twists before my kid gets in the seat. Our other seats have all been Britaxes, which never twisted, and I hated the Sure Ride when we first got it. But after I'd been using it a while, it rarely twisted. My kids tend to take forever getting into their seats, so there's plenty of time for me to do any fiddling before I need to buckle.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

bnsnyde

My problem is too my 4 YO FREAKS OUT if I try to help. He loses it.
And this isn't a seat he can buckle without twisting. Ahh!

Just me, I can use some TLC and get the straps on correctly.

The seat is always twisted and crooked with DH.

But the reality of going anywhere with child (while the other kids are yelling about being hot (it heats up very quickly and it takes a long time to load) or likely freeze in the winter, is tough.

I do like how it sits nice and low, though. So there is that.
I can't change the seat up because nothing else fits in our 3 in a row, and it's either this or the Pioneer or Frontier. They were too wide. He's as big as his 6 YO brother so I need the tall straps.

I was hoping tall 9 YO would 5 step in our third row, which would free up some inches, but he does not. He didn't even look close and he's 57" or maybe a tad over. So he is keeping his Topside.

AllieK

At least your 4yo wants to help! Mine refuses on most days, I have to keep repeating, "put your arms in your straps please" while I'm buckling his sister & even then it's hit and miss.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC