Does anyone NOT love the Milestone?

lgenne

I've been seeing (and participating in) a lot of Milestone love. It seems like every car seat I've ever owned has had something that annoys me, but I can't come up with anything I really dislike about my Milestone. There are certainly some features it doesn't have that might be nice, but that's not the same thing. Like, I'm sure someday I'll prefer it to have lock offs, but so far I've only used LATCH anyway. And it's unlikely to get my giant baby to 4 rear facing, but nothing on the US market will, other than the Safety 1st EX, which I certainly wouldn't love like this. Maybe someday I'll need a tight 3 across and have to use my Radians when I'd rather use the Milestone, but I chose vehicles that didn't need tight 3 across on purpose!

Everything about it just works. I used to think I preferred rethreading harnesses, until I met this no-rethread harness. I love the harness pads. I love the low profile sides. I love the premium LATCH connectors. I love how it installs. I love that my kid loves it. I bought it for the baby, but the 3 year old claimed it.

Certainly someone must be "meh" on it? Be annoyed by some feature that doesn't bother me?

ADS

1mommy

Hmm... Nope :p. I mean if we are talking perfect seat exists solely in my dreams, I would like it to have lock off's, be lighter, and I would like a continuous harness but really it's a great seat. Oh and they could lower the price so it's under $100 (only in my dreams I know). I kinda wish they made one just like that didn't become a booster because I prefer to buy a dedicated booster for switching between cars, but we can make this one just for my car and buy a light one for carpooling.

melissa621

Not the Milestone, but I had a 4ever and I was very meh about it. Everyone else seems to love it, and I didn't particularly hate anything about it. Except yes, the reclined FF under 40lbs bothered me because my son is a lightweight. He'll probably be at least 5 before he hits 40lbs. I ended up selling ours. I just couldn't find the love. I can really see where a lot of people would love not having to buy a new seat for a long time, but where is the fun in that?

Now I LOVE our Foonf, Nextfit, and MyRide!!

lgenne

I haven't played with a 4ever, but I feel like it has zero selling points over the Milestone. Higher price point so...it can become a less than ideal backless booster years down the road? So the nicer infant insert can sit in my basement unused for years? For some more recline settings, when the 4 on the Milestone are plenty? For a snazzier level, when the one on the Milestone is more than adequate? Plus some significant downsides.

Aurezalia

I LOVE mine. The only quarrel I have with it is that the crotch buckle pad is attached to the infant insert. I reached out to graco about ordering a separate one (I'm in AZ so it's still hovering close to 100* here and I don't want any little legs getting burned!) and they sent me one for free so uh... That was easily resolved!
Beyond that? It's pure love. It's a very tall seat but it's so compact at the same time. It's low-profile and makes loading so much easier. You have the cup holder option for either side but you don't HAVE to use it if you need space (and it's relatively slim anyway). It harnesses just about as long as many combination seats. The harness adjusted is SO smooth and easy!! The seat pan isn't shallow and gives great RF leg room and supports legs FF. The newborn fit is AWESOME with the insert - I don't see ANY downsides to that over the "upgraded" 4ever. I'm probably never going to use it as a booster anyway, but it IS nice to have that option for any emergencies that might pop up.
And also? I got it in GREEN which is an easy way to win me over. :p
For me, I spent months going back and forth trying to choose between the Milestone and the Blvd clicktight. I really prefer to have seats with ARB (I guess the lack of that option on the milestone is the only other thing I don't like), but I ended up getting my Milestone for about $190 - compared to over $260 for the Britax, it was no contest. The ARB capability wasn't worth an extra $70+ to me and I'm more than happy with that choice! The LATCH install in my car is as quick as a clicktight install, too - super easy to get in and out. Lots of Milestone :love: in these parts!

lgenne

Oh, I figured out one thing I don't just LOVE on it. The chest clip is hard for DS2 to open by himself. Which might be because he's had less practice with it. And might be a plus for some people.

seb3244

I am interested in this seat as well and am wondering if anyone has pics of their kids in it? You can blur out their faces of you want I just would like to see some pics

Edited to say whoops I mean the 4ever. That's the one I want to see pics of. Sorry

OP will the Clek Fllo get your kid to 4 rear facing?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I am interested in this seat as well and am wondering if anyone has pics of their kids in it? You can blur out their faces of you want I just would like to see some pics Edited to say whoops I mean the 4ever.

CarseatBlog's review has several photos: http://carseatblog.com/29504/graco-4ever-all-in-one-carseat-review-your-new-bff/

I also don't love the 4EVER for the reasons I stated in the review. I don't hate it by any means, but it's not the perfect seat. I think the booster is too chunky and the harness is hard to tighten RF.

lgenne

...and the harness is hard to tighten RF.

Huh. Do the Milestone and 4ever have different harness adjusters? Or have they changed it since the release? I only played with the Fllo on the shelf at BBB, didn't actually install it. But I was specifically looking for something easy to adjust RF. And I was assuming I would leave with a Fllo that day. But I liked the Milestone better.

SavsMom

I'm kinda meh on both the Milestone and 4Ever or the clones - I mean they are fine seats, I guess I'm just not fond of them.

seb3244

CarseatBlog's review has several photos: http://carseatblog.com/29504/graco-4ever-all-in-one-carseat-review-your-new-bff/ I also don't love the 4EVER for the reasons I stated in the review. I don't hate it by any means, but it's not the perfect seat. I think the booster is too chunky and the harness is hard to tighten RF.

Holy moly this review is incredible! Thank you! And your kids are super adorable!

Maybe I am an idiot for not seeing but do you have more reviews? I am mobile so maybe that's how I am missing them?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Huh. Do the Milestone and 4ever have different harness adjusters? Or have they changed it since the release? I only played with the Fllo on the shelf at BBB, didn't actually install it. But I was specifically looking for something easy to adjust RF. And I was assuming I would leave with a Fllo that day. But I liked the Milestone better.

I don't know. I mean, it's not awful, but it's the standard Graco convertible harness (on mine, at least) that I need to pull at the back, and then finesse a bit while I'm tightening.

Holy moly this review is incredible! Thank you! And your kids are super adorable! Maybe I am an idiot for not seeing but do you have more reviews? I am mobile so maybe that's how I am missing them?

Thank you :love: I do have many other reviews at CarseatBlog, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to find them all. All the other CarseatBlog reviewers do a great job, though, IMO.

mevs mom

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC