New car question

U

Unregistered

I'm looking to buy a new SUV. I currently have a CRV and I'm leaning towards another. I'm planning on a second baby so the new car will need to fit a rear facing convertible and an infant seat. I would prefer to have one in the middle and one on the side. Is that possible in the 2015 CRV? Any other suggestions on SUVs that would work?

ADS

steph

I'm looking to buy a new SUV. I currently have a CRV and I'm leaning towards another. I'm planning on a second baby so the new car will need to fit a rear facing convertible and an infant seat. I would prefer to have one in the middle and one on the side. Is that possible in the 2015 CRV? Any other suggestions on SUVs that would work?

Are you looking for that size SUV or would you want a bigger one (like the Pilot)?

If wanting the same size as the CRV, I would look at the Nissan Rogue and Subaru Outback (though technically a wagon) and Subaru Forester.

The Mazda CX-5 was a blast to drive but the cargo space is not great.

We did not test drive the RAV4 but that's another one to look at.

If going bigger, the Honda Pilot is good (I have a Pilot now but am downsizing to a outback) and I like the Mazda CX-9 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jess71903

Ambassador
Welcome to Car-seat.org!!

Hopefully someone will come along and confirm years, but I believe some year models of the CRV have an issue with seatbelt/LATCH overlap or something that makes installing seats side by side difficult or impossible.

SavsMom

The CRV is great and I also agree with looking at the Forester and Outback. The Outback is a tad bit bigger but not too much. I love love love my Outback.

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
The CRV is great and I also agree with looking at the Forester and Outback. The Outback is a tad bit bigger but not too much. I love love love my Outback.

The Outback has a fair amount more front-to-back room for RF seats. We have way more room to work with in my in-laws' Outback than our Forester.

ETA: the 2015 Forester might actually be more comparable in space to the outback. I have heard that it is better for car seats. I am comparing a 2010 Forester to a 2015 Outback, so that's probably not a good comparison.

SavsMom

The Outback has a fair amount more front-to-back room for RF seats. We have way more room to work with in my in-laws' Outback than our Forester. ETA: the 2015 Forester might actually be more comparable in space to the outback. I have heard that it is better for car seats. I am comparing a 2010 Forester to a 2015 Outback, so that's probably not a good comparison.

Yes, the 2010 Forester had less front to back room in the backseat. I never had issues getting seats in my 2010 Forester but I know others who have found it tight.
The Outback still has more front to back room than the 2014+ Forester but the Forester does offer more room than the 2013 and earlier models.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC