sedona and secondary vehicle with 3-5 kids

MamaBird06

Hello everyone! I just found out I am expecting!

We currently have 4 kids, 2 mine and 2 his. ages 4,4,7,9. both 4 year olds are still harnessed, 7 year old is in a backless booster and 9 year old with no seat. He is well over limits at 5'3" and 115 lbs. So when baby comes I planned to move youngest to high back boosters, they will be 5 and almost 5 at that point. They are both big for their age/weight. So looking for help for configuration in the 2009 kia sedona. My main concern is school. The school does drop off and pick up lines and I am worried about the two going into k and the 7 year old being able to buckle in the 3rd row with 3 boosters. Would putting 9 year old in the middle back be a good idea or is there a good boosting option with narrow seats they can figure out on their own?. The youngest are not trained on boosters yet. I moved my oldest to a booster just before k and planned to do that with these two and I do not think I can fit all the carseats in the back. I would like baby in a captains chair. It will be the only kiddo that will be with me all the time as the others go to their other parents home 2 nights a week. Our second vehicle is a nissan altima. It was mine and the van was dp's but i have the kids most the time so I use the van 90% of the time and he uses the car to go to work. He is worried about not having our secondary vehicle not be big enough to fit all the kids. So do others with lots of kids have 2 7 passenger vehicles or one car/one van?

And how long can we last in 7 passenger. I am already worried about it being uncomfortable for the kids. legally yeah it is a 7 passenger but for comfort they will be crammed in there. I was thinking of just holding off on trading in the car and waiting a couple years and getting something bigger down the road and keeping the van and getting a second one or something larger...I do not know if we will have another and i do not even know if this is a singleton birth yet either lol!

ADS

jjordan

I just replied in the other thread before I saw this one. :)

I think it makes sense to put the 9 year old in the middle of the back if he fits there okay, and maybe the 7 year old in a backless booster outboard driver's side (3rd row). The trick to getting 5 kids in your van is going to be those two positions. Every other seating position is VERY roomy. Personally I would keep the 4 year olds harnessed, one third row passenger's side and one in the captain's chair that the baby is not using. Easy peasy. :)

I wouldn't worry about the 2nd car not holding everyone. If you find out it is a problem down the road, you can deal with it then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC