Is this how this seat is supposed to be?

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I went to a Target and a BRU today. At both stores, I was able to check out the Contender 65. I noticed that when I raised the headrest/harness all the way up, there wasn't enough padding/cover to cover all the internal frame of the seat. Is that how it's supposed to be? I will post a pic in a moment...
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Let's see if this pic attaches ok....

Yeah, ignoring the infant insert and just looking at the grey seat cover itself... see how there's that weird gap at the corners where the two pieces of the cover back don't meet up with each other? No amount of straightening or smoothing would make the pieces come together enough that they'd cover up the frame of the seat....is it supposed to be like that? Would that be uncomfortable for a kid?

Attachments

• image-3710019153.jpg
    image-3710019153.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks, like the old boosters that just had a plastic spine behind the kiddo but it wasn't a problem...? (Google image search was remarkably unsatisfying, here's the best I could find, when you raised the seat back, the whole thing went up, just the black plastic part got longer, opposite of a Turbo with the plastic part right behind their neck... http://www.123safe.com/scstore/p-1302028BB.html Of course, in a convertible more of the kid is touching the seat... the Triumph also has like no padding in the harness track area, I wonder if kids complain about that, too? It looks almost painful when you see it on the shelf!)

AllieK

I meant to get a pic of our My Size last night but I forgot, I'll try to remember today. My son is on the 3rd to last or 2nd to last setting in the seat and he hasn't complained about the lack of padding (and he is a child who will definitely complain if something is bothering him!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC