is there anyway to properly secure a phone in the car?

U

Unregistered

are there any mounts that adequately secure a phone to the car? DH insists on taking his out of his pocket (he usually puts in the cup holder) despite the projectile risk. we do not have a center console and he won't use the glovebox.

ADS

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't know that there are any that are crash-tested, and there isn't any standard that I'm aware of.

And I'm thinking any mount that is heavy duty enough to hold the phone, is likely to become it's own projectile.

Not sure what the best solution is. :eek:

seb3244

I have never thought about my phone being a projectile. Does anyone use the magnetic one for a lifeproof case on an iPhone?

What should I do about toys that could be projectiles? Like does anyone here give their child a toy in the car? Or a DVD player that is strapped to a head rest for long car rides?

Thanks

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I have never thought about my phone being a projectile. Does anyone use the magnetic one for a lifeproof case on an iPhone?

What should I do about toys that could be projectiles? Like does anyone here give their child a toy in the car? Or a DVD player that is strapped to a head rest for long car rides? Thanks

I don't have a Lifeproof case, but it looks pretty standard. I can't imagine it wouldn't work.

As for other projectiles...I'm sure there are some parents out there who never let their children have toys in cars, who keep their purse in the trunk or buckled in every time, who have no drinks in the car, no umbrella, etc. But I'm not one of them. Our car has stuff, and my kids have stuff, whether it's a book, an iPad, a toy, whatever. We have umbrellas and flashlights in storage compartments in the door. I have water bottles in the cup holders. I have a box of Kleenex on the floor. My purse is usually on the floor or in the passenger seat (usually not buckled in because I forget or get lazy), etc.

Yes, those things could all become projectiles in a crash, but I'm assuming that responsibility. I think there's a big difference between an iPhone and an unsecured tool box in an open cargo area.

jjordan

I don't have a Lifeproof case, but it looks pretty standard. I can't imagine it wouldn't work.

As for other projectiles...I'm sure there are some parents out there who never let their children have toys in cars, who keep their purse in the trunk or buckled in every time, who have no drinks in the car, no umbrella, etc. But I'm not one of them. Our car has stuff, and my kids have stuff, whether it's a book, an iPad, a toy, whatever. We have umbrellas and flashlights in storage compartments in the door. I have water bottles in the cup holders. I have a box of Kleenex on the floor. My purse is usually on the floor or in the passenger seat (usually not buckled in because I forget or get lazy), etc.

Yes, those things could all become projectiles in a crash, but I'm assuming that responsibility. I think there's a big difference between an iPhone and an unsecured tool box in an open cargo area.

I have basically the same approach to projectiles. When we're on a long trip, we pack carefully (heavy stuff on the bottom, light stuff on the top, mostly light/soft things in the passenger compartment with heavier stuff on the floor if necessary). I also buckle in the kids' backpacks in the third row between two kids so that they can reach their stuff but the backpacks won't fly around in a crash. But we have books and small toys out and things (like my purse and kleenex box) on the floor regularly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC