Honda Odyssey carseat questions

U

Unregistered

Hi--I just bought a 2007 Honda Odyssey EXL. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out the seatbelt configurations and am hoping someone on this list can help :)

I have a 3 1/2 year old who is in a forward facing 5 pt harness booster seat. I also have a 16 month old child who is in a rear facing standard carseat (he is still under 20 lbs so is still rear facing but can probably switch to forward facing in a few months).

I have a few questions:
1) What is the safest way for my kids to be arranged in their carseats in the 2nd row? The Odyssey has that little middle seat in the 2nd row which can be taken out and the seats can be slid over if need be, so that access to the back can be achieved on the door-side. I want to figure out the safest and most convenient way to arrange the kids for safety and for ease of getting them in/ out. My 3 1/2 year old can get himself inot his carseat and buckle it most of the way (except for the bottom buckle).

2) any suggestions on protecting the leather from dents from the carseats?

3) any suggestions on where to get clear floor mats at good prices to put over the VERY light ivory carpeted floor (I had no idea how light it was going to be!) :)

Thanks so much!
Stacey

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would probably slide the seat over and put the 3 yo in the center position and the baby RF closer to the door. A RF infant would be considered safer in the outboard position. OR you could slide the seat over to the center and put your infant RF in the center 2nd row and put your older child FF in the center 3rd row.

As for the leather seats you will get dents regardless of what you do. They will pop back though. It is not permanent.

You can check Pep Boys or a similar auto store for inexpensive floormats.

You mention turning you infant FF soon. 20 lbs is a minimum requirement. The actual recommendation now is to keep them RF as long as the seat allows it or to at least wait until age 2 when the bones are better fused. Most convertable car seat RF to 33 or 35 lbs. There are children here who are still RF at 4 yo. When a small child FF's there are high risks of neck and spinal injuries some resulting in death when in an accident. You may want to reconsider turning your infant FF. There have been no reports of broken legs when RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC