What kind of car seat is this?

melinstar

I went to NJ DMV to renew my car registration, and this is the graphic on the homepage for NJ's new car seat law. I have never seen a strap adjuster like that, so I was just curious what seat it is.

Attachments

• NJChildSeatbelt.jpg
    NJChildSeatbelt.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 123
ADS

melinstar

You'd think they'd use a new car seat with increased RF limits and RF picture to advertise the new law! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It was *the best* for fidgety kids who pushed their chest clips down! (It's only been discontinued a couple years...but I agree, something to really bring home the RF to two message would be a much better graphic).

Uh, that bear totally needs a harness, too :p

Kamy04

Is this seat still good? One of my students uses this and I have a feeling it coukd be expired.
Posted via Mobile Device

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
this is amazing! I wonder how I get Arizona to do this lol

Write to your representatives, point out NJ and OK have laws (OK will go into effect 11/1/15), several states are trying to change their laws, and it'd be nice if Arizona did as well.

Wendy

seb3244

My understanding was that the bill didn't get approval from the state senate (or house?) and therefore didn't become law.

Anyone know if this is true? I am going to write our representatives here in AZ and will list NJ and OK as examples but would also like to mention any other state that has also made it law to rear face until age 2.

Thanks

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
NJ is the only one that has it, OK is coming 11/1/15, MI didn't pass, CA and SC have proposed, and I think also Texas.

Wendy

BookMama

Senior Community Member
My understanding was that the bill didn't get approval from the state senate (or house?) and therefore didn't become law.

It died in the house before being put up for a vote. Anything that isn't voted on before the end of the session dies, and that's what happened here. It had passed in the senate, so I'm hopeful that it will be brought up again. (Hopefully soon - time is ticking away!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC