Carseat photos, part II

ThreeBeans

Alpha Omega

We were discussing in the first thread that possibly the top harness height had gotten taller? I measured and found roughly 15.5 inches, close to 16 depending on how hard i buried in the seat. DS had about 1.5 inches left in this seat

Evenflo Titan

Please note the sign, then note that my 23 pound, 32 inch give or take child, is almost 2 inches over the topmost harness slot.

Cosco Alpha Elite (an Apex clone)

DS is at the topmost slots (17 inches) with roughly 2 inches to spare. The harness size is ridiculous. Seriously. Over his little body, only a tiny bit of adjuster is sticking out the bottom. I don't see how a 65 pound child who is an inch or two taller could possibly fit in this seat.
For kicks I stuck Bean the Second into it as well. She's within the weight requirements, but not tall enough (34 inch minimum). Yet she's at the third slots from the bottom. Any 34 inch child who fit into those bottom slots would be, uh, completely freaky looking.

Graco Airbooster

This may be a comfortable BPB for older kids but it is not a good fit for little guys. Look how he's floating in it
And see how far his knees are from the bend

Graco Turbobooster

I'm pleasantly surprised. Obviously I wouldn't ever put him in a booster at this point in his life, but he fits rather well.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

ThreeBeans

Maxi-Cosi Priori

Overall impression? :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Expensive seat. 15 inch top slots. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS SHENANIGANS you have to go through to rethread the back harness. I actually was unable to thread the straps through the top harness position...I couldn't get my hand far enough up the seat's, um, hind quarters. Clever little recline function, I guess, though.
Bean the First is actually at the second slots from the top.
Place where the splitter comes out so you can finagle the straps

Eddie Bauer Prospect

Meh. Ok seat. I would never buy it. It's huge, it doesn't convert to a high back back booster, just a low back one. OTOH, it makes a great seat for the large-butted child. Or my large butt, if it matters.

More to follow, as I have time, and as the Beans are agreeable ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

scatterbunny

Yes, the Air Booster is way better for older kids, I'd say 45+ inches, maybe taller. Hayley's 49 inches and found it extremely comfortable, and 3.5 months after she tried it out she's still begging for it. :rolleyes: She hasn't even SEEN one since July, but she asks for it at least twice a week. And you're right, the Turbo is a MUCH better fit for a younger booster rider. Hayley fit the Turbo very well at 3.5 years old, 41-42 inches and 40 pounds. I'd really only recommend the Air Booster for a booster rider who is tall enough/long-legged enough to find boosters like the Parkway, Vivo, Monarch and Compass B510/B530 uncomfortable. The Air doesn't have much in the way of wings, torso OR head; that's what kept me from buying one. If Hayley had no other booster options due to leg length, that's the one I'd buy. We may still end up with one, if I can't resist buying a new booster and she can't quit asking for it. :p

Cool that the AO's top slots are a bit higher now. Is that the AO, or the AOE?

I thought the Prospect/Cubb became a highback booster OR a backless? Am I wrong? There's a little girl in Hayley's swim class who uses it as a hbb. I am sure she isn't harnessed in it, she's using the seatbelt.

ThreeBeans

I thought the Prospect/Cubb became a highback booster OR a backless? Am I wrong? There's a little girl in Hayley's swim class who uses it as a hbb. I am sure she isn't harnessed in it, she's using the seatbelt.

I didn't have enough time to read the manual, but there were no belt guides readily apparent. The wings on the top part of the seat were so huge, I think they would hold a shoulder belt right off of a child's chest even if there were belt guides. Anyone know more?

scatterbunny

There's the regular AO, and the AOE--I've always heard the AOE had slightly taller top slots than the regular AO. I've never actually measured an AOE to be sure, though. Hayley outgrew the regular AO at 38 inches tall; the top slots of her AO were only 14.5 inches tall.

Suzibeck

Your kids are so darn adorable!

You should send those Titan pictures to Evenflo. Heck, maybe we all should go out and take pics of our kids in that seat so Evenflo can see how rediculous their claims are.

arly1983

You should send those Titan pictures to Evenflo. Heck, maybe we all should go out and take pics of our kids in that seat so Evenflo can see how rediculous their claims are.

When I see that 50 lb limit on the titan, I always think: WHAT A WASTE! Why couldn't they have raised the limit on the Evenflo Chase/Generations/Bolero? Would have made MUCH more sense!:mad:

FrogJuice

I didn't have enough time to read the manual, but there were no belt guides readily apparent. The wings on the top part of the seat were so huge, I think they would hold a shoulder belt right off of a child's chest even if there were belt guides. Anyone know more?

It does turn into a HBB, I was considering buying one for my DD, the bottom curve of the head part, is what the belt guides are, it's not like a lot of the other HBB's that have belt guides that actually hold the belt.

This is a link to the Safety 1st site it says in her the seat is for 20-40pds with harness, 40-100pds as HBB, and 40-100pds as backless booster.

http://www.safety1st.com/product/detail.asp?ID=2465

Last edited:

amyg530

are you sure that was the new titan? there is no way it has 13 inch top slots b/c i tried connor in it in august and he still had at least an inch maybe 2 till he hit the top, and his torso was at least 14 inches then. i'm not trying to be rude it just doesnt add up to me. i might be going to target today and if i do i'm gonna put him in it again and take pictures too b/c i swear he fits it fine and hes bigger than she is

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
are you sure that was the new titan? there is no way it has 13 inch top slots b/c i tried connor in it in august and he still had at least an inch maybe 2 till he hit the top, and his torso was at least 14 inches then. i'm not trying to be rude it just doesnt add up to me. i might be going to target today and if i do i'm gonna put him in it again and take pictures too b/c i swear he fits it fine and hes bigger than she is

The Titan is haunted. Seriously. We've been going round and round on this seat's top slots since the day the devil hit the market...it fits some kids for eons, it fits some kids for a minute, it's just.... haunted... :whistle:

amyg530

The Titan is haunted. Seriously. We've been going round and round on this seat's top slots since the day the devil hit the market...it fits some kids for eons, it fits some kids for a minute, it's just.... haunted... :whistle:

lol, i mean i know kids fit different in the same seat but that just seems like a big difference

scatterbunny

That Titan (in the pics) is obviously the new one because it has the new tags on it stating up to 50 pounds and 47 inches. ;)

JessicaS

Is it possible that the cover slipped way down in the Titan to make the top slots to appear to be so short? It doesn't really look like it, given the pic with the kiddo in it...I just thought it was a possibility.

Maybe we could all get pics of the new Titans from different stores, with pencils through the cover into the top slot, and a tape measure?

amyg530

That Titan (in the pics) is obviously the new one because it has the new tags on it stating up to 50 pounds and 47 inches. ;)

well duh i see that:love: i'm just wondering if maybe somehow it got mistagged or something, idk i just think its weird how bean2 has outgrown it but is smaller than connor and he fits, kwim?

threebeans - what is her torso?

scatterbunny

The new Titan hasn't changed in size, though--so whether it's the old Titan mistagged with the new tag/higher limits, it would still fit the same. All they did was stuff a bigger dummy in the seat and it passed, so they upped the limits. Same basic seat. Maybe EPS foam and small changes like that, but the seat is essentially the same. There's been debate for years, like Julie said, about the Titan top slots. Some kids are waaay over them, making it seem like they are the shortest slots around; other kids still have room, making it seem like they are taller. It's odd, definitely.

amyg530

oh ok , i didnt realize that, its listed as 15.5 on carseatdata but i know that they're not always exact either, i'm definatly currious to see what i get when i go to target for a measurement, and i'll def take pictures

Did i read part of this right. the new evenflo titan is the same seat as the old one just retested at a higher weight. I have one for my 4yr old who is short for her age and i took her out because she was at the top slots. I bought her a marathon and she fits better i think the second to top slots.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC