2014-2016 Ford Explorer help!?

katiend

I'm looking into getting a new-ish 2014-2015 or even a brand new 2016 Ford Explorer w/OUT the inflatable seat belts.

I currently have a 2 year old in a RF Radian RXT and a 5 month old in a graco snugride. I'll likely get a Radian for the 5 month old when the time comes as well (just because im used to the seat, i'm open to other suggestions).

Does anyone know:

1) Will the 40 side of the bench fold up with a Radian in the center seat?
2) Will two RF Radians will fit side by side; one center and one behind the driver (keeping access to the 3rd row open)?
3) What about a FF Radian in the center, will that fit?

I'm worried about the buckle stalks and overlapping... I can only use Latch so long, my 2 year old is a tank, in the 90th % for height and weight. :)

Thank you in advance for any assistance y'all can provide!

ADS

Kegracin

I believe Monica has a thread some where with the radian installed center with the seat folded. I own a 2014 but have no radian love so I can't help you other then to try to find the thread for you. I also do not believe any seat will fit in the center ffing. There isn't really over lapping in the regular seat belt explorers your biggest issue is the stupid hinges on the seat.

katiend

Thank you!! I read that thread and direct messaged Monica yesterday :) While I love the way the explorer looks, I think i'll go with something a little easier for carseats, like the Highlander, Pathfinder or Pilot, since I have two under two and we have not ruled out a 3rd. Thank you for your response :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC