Care to predict?

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is my tall torso'ed little guy - 12.5mos, 31.25" & 21lbs.

kidsstartedoct29005.jpg

Anyone want to predict when he'll outgrow the MA rf'ing? He has about the same amount of room as his sister did at 2 yrs old... he's just above the 2nd slots - in the Radian he was pretty much even with the middle (3rd) slots & loads more head room in it too.

This is dd - 28lbs, 36"? & almost 31 mos. We'd just turned her back rf'ing & this was her first trip - we moved the straps down to the 2nd slots after this trip & seeing how she'd settled...
jan282007015-1.jpg

ADS

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Depends a bit on whether you follow the height is exceeding when shoulders are at/above top harness slot or if you go by tops of the ears. [I've seen/heard/read conflicting info on which standard is "legal" for ff'ing Britax.] It also depends if you measure harness height at the beginning or the end of a trip (slouch factor).

That said, I'd guess your DS's growth will slow tremendously in the next few months and make it at least to age 4 in the MA. My oldest nephew was all torso for the first 6 months of his life and then his legs sprouted. He still has a long torso, but now he has legs to match. My young cousins (I refer to frequently) will be 4 in February and quite tall. While we moved the harness in their MA's to the top slots this spring/summer, they have a good 1/2" to 3/4" inch to grow, especially when they "settle" into the seat.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Ff'ing I expect around 4yrs old or so, I was more referring to rf'ing. Guess I should've made that clear in my post. :eek:

I just find it funny that my 1yr old fits the same way my dd did at 2.5. And at 31lbs she's outgrown rf'ing by height (& weight being in Canada, but would still have a couple lbs if we were in the US.)

Ds would have a lot of room ff'ing in the MA right now, by the time he goes ff'ing he'll be on the top slots and have about 2" left or so... I likely won't use the MA over the top harness slot although I'm ok going over the top slot on the Radian... mind you, our MA has a 48lb weight limit, so I expect them to hit that weight right around the time they outgrow it anyways. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC