Question Prius car seats, side by side

U

Unregistered

We have a 2011 Prius and two kids. We will soon be getting rid of the bucket seat our baby is using and are looking for a car seat to go with our Safety First Onside Air that will allow the two seats to be placed side by side (in the middle and probably behind the passenger seat.) One seat would be rf, the other ff. Is my only possible option a rf Onside Air in the middle and then a ff Radian on the side? Would some combination of Onside Airs or Cosco Sceneras work? Or is there something I'm not thinking of? Thanks!

ADS

lgenne

How big are your kids? How old, and how long do you want this setup to work?

My first thoughts: if the older kid still fits in the Onside Air FF, use it FF, and get a Scenera NEXT for the RFer. It's easier to install RF and takes up less front to back space. You might even be able to put the RFer outboard, if that's more convenient.

Alternatively, get a Harmony Defender for the FFer.

U

Unregistered

Daughter is 2 yrs 9 months, about 30 pounds and 39 inches tall (so just short of the 40 inch height limit for rear facing in the Onside Air). Son is 5 months old and about 17 pounds. Ideally, this setup would be for 2 or preferably 3 years (obviously depending on kids' height/weight).

Yes, my daughter could still use the Onside Air FF, but with a 43 inch height limit, I wonder for how long. A Scenera NEXT would sure be a lot more budget-friendly than a Radian if they fit side-by-side. :)

lgenne

A Harmony Defender and a Scenera NEXT together would be more budget friendly option than a Radian!

Your 2 year old is really tall and skinny. Do you want to keep her rear facing? A Graco Contender (or for a little more money, the Size4Me/Fit4Me/MySize, which might give you more front to back space and better puzzling options) and they sometimes puzzle well with other seats. They don't have a 40" height limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC