Scenera Next too small for 2 YO

bnsnyde

I bought one. I needed a backup seat this weekend for 2 YO who was 2 in May.

I was trying to RF.

I can't even buckle with the crotch strap in position 2. It's impossible. It says use 2 or lower for RF, though. Position 3 works barely, but still way snug.
The straps are way too low on her shoulders, but the top slot is (hard to tell) looking sometimes at her shoulders and then sometimes above. So it's almost outgrown FF as well!

I can return. Best similar bet? Maybe a Contender. I want something I can RF with a long time that's not HUGE. I wanted it to be light.

Our Sure Ride is on loan at Grandma's. Or maybe she's just too big to make it realistic in any seat. In our van she's in a Foonf and that's fine with growing room RF. She is 34 lbs. and 37.5 ". But for some reason the Scenera Next (she's within the limits) is looking too small for her.

ADS

honeydew

Call Dorel for the longer crotch buckle. It really makes a difference!
This seat allows RF to the top of the shell so she probably has some time left. The 36.5" 3 year old I watch has a couple inches to the top

1mommy

I believe you can call Dorel and get a longer crotch strap sent to you.

And yes its outgrown FF way before RF, so I wouldn't plan on using it at all FF.

If you need a seat ASAP there is also the Cosco Apt I think - but its a little wide or the Guide 65 but it can be a PITA to install RF... But with the Guide you can only rf to 40'

bnsnyde

OK, with a new strap it might work.
Whew!

Still awkward straps way below her shoulders...
But maybe doable, I'll see.

update: Dorel hung up on me and said call volume is too high. :(

AllieK

I have the same awkward, too low straps with the SureRide. That big gap between the 3rd & 4th slots sucks sometimes. :(

bnsnyde

With my 4 YO's Sure Ride, he is perfect at the second to top slots (forward-facing). A bit of growing room even.
But then when we need to change to the highest slot, it'll be like up to his ears!

meljc

OK, with a new strap it might work.
Whew!

Still awkward straps way below her shoulders...
But maybe doable, I'll see.

update: Dorel hung up on me and said call volume is too high. :(

You can email them. You'll need the model number and serial number.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC