Which combination seat should we get?

MUTigers

I've been pondering this for quite a while now, and asked a time or two, but we're getting down to the wire and I need to make a decision. I'm considering the Frontier, Argos/Nautilus, ProRide, and maybe the new graco if it comes out in time.

DD1 is 4y5m (almost), 43.5", 16.5" seated height, and right about 40lbs. She's pretty wiggly so I'm assuming we will harness for a few more years at least. We tend to take at least 1 long (12+ hour each way) trip a year, so comfort is important.

She's currently FFing in two RXTs. I just moved the straps to the top slot. These will get passed down to DD2 when she out grows her Keyfit. She's got about an inch or so, so a month or two.

We need 2 new seats. One for my '04 Saturn Ion coupe. The seats are very bucketed, so I'm concerned about a wide seat, but one may work. The other seat will go in DHs '08 Jeep Liberty. She will be in the center, but will need to puzzle with a RFing radian.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Do you take the long trip in the Jeep? I'm thinking the Frontier will both fit best there AND be the most comfy for that long haul (tons of legroom, great bum padding...).
That skinny new Graco might be the best in the center of the coupe, but maybe an Evenflo Sureride? Deep sides, but narrow base for possibly good puzzling and fittage in the center. Not a combo, but super tall harness....

MUTigers

Yes, long trip is in the jeep or my parents expedition. I'm thinking the frontier their also.

My car, the Saturn, only has two seats in the back (no center) so no puzzling issues, but the scooped seats are a pain. I'm going to have to find time to go to BBB and try them out. (BRU doesn't have the frontier or the ProRide on the shelf here...)

I'm hoping I can wait until the new graco comes out, but if DD2 grows so like o think she will I may not have time!

sm1982

My nephew prefers his ProSport over the Nautilus. I'm not sure how much has to do with color vs comfort, but to me he looks more comfortable sleeping in the ProSport.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It might, the only problem might be there won't be a lot of room for her knees, so the front seat would have to probably be up a fair bit.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Just tossing another vote in for the PerformanceRide (new version of ProRide.) If you can get past the funky install, every kid I've ever used it for has loved it. For some reason it tends to be very friendly for that older preschool/young k age set who can do & undo the harness themselves. Plus it's been great sleeping support.

MUTigers

It might, the only problem might be there won't be a lot of room for her knees, so the front seat would have to probably be up a fair bit.

The front seat is my fear. She has to go behind the driver and I can't move my seat up too much.

Just tossing another vote in for the PerformanceRide (new version of ProRide.) If you can get past the funky install, every kid I've ever used it for has loved it. For some reason it tends to be very friendly for that older preschool/young k age set who can do & undo the harness themselves. Plus it's been great sleeping support.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

MUTigers

I just thought I'd update this in case anyone else has a liberty or ion.

We got a frontier click-tight a few weeks ago and it fits great in both cars! Right now it's living in the jeep but we're going to order one for the ion soon too.

DD1 has to be behind the driver in the ion for now but she has adequate room. If her feet get much bigger we'll have a problem, but for now she's good.

Thanks for the help!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC